EQEmulator Forums

EQEmulator Forums (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/index.php)
-   General::Server Discussion (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601)
-   -   PEQ server has been down for 4 and half hours (https://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26960)

Zech23 12-10-2008 11:21 PM

Yeah, no one's complaining at all..we're just sad cuz it's down and we don't get to play! The guys at PEQ are AMAZING! :)

Gonner 12-11-2008 12:00 AM

Everyone is upset that there crack fix can't be cured. I for one feel the same but understand the technical issues that may of occurred. With the recent storm that went through there could of been some issues with power or other connectivity issues that might of been unforeseen. Just relax it will be back, in the mean time just look at the sun or moon that comes up everyday, I know its been a while sense you saw it. Thanks again CD.

Savnok 12-11-2008 05:49 AM

There are other servers to give a tray. This is Orias, Agares, Sobek and I'm running around on the [SOLO] The Irreverent server as Savnok. The few people that know me - come on over.

Savnok 12-11-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savnok (Post 161271)
tray.

Try.

Couldn't edit that and it was driving me nuts.

Varkalas D`Lonovan 12-11-2008 12:30 PM

Savnok nailed it. [SOLO] The Irreverent Server is the closest I've come to finding something similar PEQ, everything else is highly customized. Many thanks. :)

~ Varkalas D`Lonovan (Dark Elf Necromancer), Eldanen D`Lonovan (Iksar Monk)

Ikeren 12-11-2008 04:04 PM

The Realm also runs a pure PEQ database with none of the mobs toned down, since it allows bots. You can custom run an entire raid as you please, doing raid encounters at EQ level difficulty.

paxprobellum 12-11-2008 05:34 PM

I started playing on Gnomish Proving Grounds. So far I like it a lot. There's no customization except for Jboots drop in Najena still. Its a progression server, they just opened IC in velious (rest of velious is closed). Experience until 50 is 2-4x (I got to 20 in about 3 hours). Same char names as on PEQ (Beleg, Flinn, and Zahaba).

Unholycow 12-11-2008 06:42 PM

I started doing homework again, and reading books.

ghostriderdoom 12-11-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unholycow (Post 161291)
I started doing homework again, and reading books.

Sux getting back to real life doesnt it COW? lol lets hope this doesnt turn into 2 weeks like last time when obama was there......

paxprobellum 12-12-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostriderdoom (Post 161292)
Sux getting back to real life doesnt it COW? lol lets hope this doesnt turn into 2 weeks like last time when obama was there......

Maybe Obama's evil plan to save our economy is to crash game servers around the states so people will have to go back to "working" and "learning" and such

Cristos 12-12-2008 02:24 PM

/sigh ... Erudites... ;-) they're all brains -- not enough cock and balls!!!

morbidz 12-12-2008 04:26 PM

any updates

CD are there any updates as of yet?

Savnok 12-12-2008 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varkalas D`Lonovan (Post 161278)
Savnok nailed it. [SOLO] The Irreverent Server is the closest I've come to finding something similar PEQ, everything else is highly customized. Many thanks. :)

~ Varkalas D`Lonovan (Dark Elf Necromancer), Eldanen D`Lonovan (Iksar Monk)

Well for the PEQ refuges this allows you to jump ino the game again and level quick while we wait to see what happened with PEQ. True, The Irreverent isn't customized much at all but the experience gain is 5x and the mobs, while they can still murder you, are scaled in a way that you can solo most of them (even some raid mobs) and I am told there was also group content recently added.

So it's a quick way to jump back into the game and if PEQ never comes back I may stay on The Irreverent. There are some mouthy bitches on there who feel as though the new influx are lagging up thier game but there are just as many nicer players.

No advanced /say #peqzone commands but there is a Porter in PoK making things a bit more ..realistic?

See you all on PEQ if it ever resurects.

rabidpotatochip 12-12-2008 10:41 PM

Just so you know... most, if not all, of those "mouthy bitches" on Irreverent's server are also nice people. ;)

They're foul-mouthed angels. :-D

Loeil 12-13-2008 12:01 AM

Lol I feel cursed ... Irreverent server is down too :x

Savnok 12-13-2008 01:03 AM

Someone on Irreverent has heard rumor that they are not coming back BUT I really doubt PEQ would simply pull its plug on us without a word notice. Rumor (and it is exactly that right now) is that they can't afford to run it anymore.

rabidpotatochip 12-13-2008 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loeil (Post 161321)
Lol I feel cursed ... Irreverent server is down too :x

Net access to his whole area is down right now. His ISP is trying to fix it, but to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't been fixed yet.

Loeil 12-13-2008 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savnok (Post 161322)
Someone on Irreverent has heard rumor that they are not coming back BUT I really doubt PEQ would simply pull its plug on us without a word notice. Rumor (and it is exactly that right now) is that they can't afford to run it anymore.

This is a silly rumor. The source absolutly dont know what he is talking about.

Loccochris 12-13-2008 02:24 AM

If they needed money to stay afloat i am sure they would have asked for it. For a rented server it would be what 25 a month? At least that is how much it cost for one when I was working on the dawn of light DAoC emulator which was enough to support 200 easily (any higher and the memory leak server code had would reach system cap which was 1.5 gb and crash).

At that price everyone donate 50 cents a month and we are easily in business. If in all honesty it is a money issue let me know and i am sure many will throw you some bones.

SteelerMan73 12-13-2008 04:24 AM

yes, if there is any need of monetary units, all PEQ has to do is ask. there is multiple people on the server that is very willing to donate. later Avilard

KLS 12-13-2008 04:34 AM

Last I checked the server was a donated box. Also I'm sure CD would mention it to everyone if it weren't coming back.

Irreverent 12-13-2008 08:51 AM

ISP fixed! :)

Loccochris 12-13-2008 10:31 AM

I assume you mean your server is back up and not PEQ which is the topic since their website is still down as far as i can tell.

bushman77 12-13-2008 01:05 PM

been a while

been all week without peq for a while now. got faith eventually it will come back up.

Loeil 12-13-2008 02:12 PM

Yeah me too im missing PEQ, but now i found time to clean my mess and make my Xmass Tree :smile:

renoofturks1 12-13-2008 02:15 PM

PEQ is not gone. I doubt it will ever be gone. It runs on a donated machine, on donated bandwith. Cost has nothing to do with it. It will be back up as soon as possible, I doubt PEQ will ever be gone.

unknownhost 12-13-2008 03:55 PM

the only thing that i can see killing PEQ with the highly dedicated people that are running it is a C&D from the big evil whose name i shall not mention.

have seen the population top 200 a few times here lately, but even that shouldnt be enough to garner attention from them would it?

Rocker8956 12-13-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownhost (Post 161368)
the only thing that I can see killing PEQ with the highly dedicated people that are running it is a C&D from the big evil whose name I shall not mention.

have seen the population top 200 a few times here lately, but even that shouldn’t be enough to garner attention from them would it?

PEQ and the whole EMU probably get attention from them. However, a few things keep them from shutting the EMU down.
1) We do not give the client away
2) We do not edit the client (well excluding spell lists)
3) Would not be cost effective for them to truly stop a project like this one because it is worldwide and has countless individuals contributing. Essentially if they shut this site down we could just start up another.

I am certain this EMU gets their attention heck just look at Mercs compared to bots.

Back on topic, I am not worried about PEQ. It has had some down time in the past but always comes back. They keep backups and such so if need be most of the project can be ported to another box at a different location. Though the backup/restore is probably a last resort.

ghostriderdoom 12-13-2008 06:18 PM

hey bushman77 I sent u a pm :)

Ziffer69 12-15-2008 07:59 AM

It seems the server still down at this time ... ;(

Too bad i was on holliday !

Make it back fastttttt ! plz

svyelunite 12-15-2008 08:54 AM

Addicted

Isn't it amazing how the server has been down for 6 days and it seems like an eternity? I've only been on the server for about 2 months and I'm so addicted its sickening. I guess you never really get off of EverCrack...

ghostriderdoom 12-15-2008 09:37 AM

Cave Dude ?

Hey Cave Dude, is there any way u can shoot us a quick reply on whats going on? Im sure u are a busy guy so we understand it takes time to do stuff.

elation 12-15-2008 02:27 PM

CD - are there any updates? ETA? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Nomax5 12-15-2008 02:38 PM

I'm just trying to set a server up for the first time and am having a problem downloading the db and the quests the error I'm getting is in cvs
Code:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq checkout -P -- peq_db (in directory C:\PEQ-Quests)
Unable to initialize the CVS process: The system cannot find the file specified.

is this the server you are talking about?

Machine33 12-15-2008 05:26 PM

At CNN.com it saying there are still 400,000 people in the NE without power, the total was once 800.00....could this be what is up with PEQ? All I know is that I am jonesing....I take a couple hits off of the Bong and im ready for some PEQ, I get so high I forget it is down and then I have a major buzz kill when I can't log in......afk to get blunted.

Machine

spoon 12-15-2008 05:54 PM

The trace implies that the server is hosted somewhere near Denver, Colorado.
Code:

9    50 ms    49 ms    49 ms  vl3802.na01.b000544-0.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.66.170]
 10  175 ms  189 ms    50 ms  TelosOnline.demarc.cogentco.com [66.28.21.42]
 11    *        *        *    Request timed out.

As does the whois:
============
Registrant Contact:

Trevius Edit: Removed this info. Whether it is accurate or not, it is completely useless for this topic and doesn't belong on these forums. Yes, some info is easy to find via a search, but that doesn't mean it is ok to start tracking people down openly unless they are causing a major disruption here.
============

But thats not always 100% accurate

However, it could be why Cavedude is MIA

paxprobellum 12-15-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomax5 (Post 161431)
I'm just trying to set a server up for the first time and am having a problem downloading the db and the quests the error I'm getting is in cvs
Code:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq checkout -P -- peq_db (in directory C:\PEQ-Quests)
Unable to initialize the CVS process: The system cannot find the file specified.

is this the server you are talking about?

We're talking about PEQ The Grand Creation (located at projecteq.net). However, what you are trying to access is at sourceforge.net. So yes, but no.

You might be interested in this:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...d.php?p=142192

81champions 12-15-2008 07:20 PM

doubt the power outage is the problem not sure tho it would be nice but the server was restarting then never came back up i think unknowns zombies drove over it with a bus

unknownhost 12-15-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoon (Post 161440)
The trace implies that the server is hosted somewhere near Denver, Colorado.
Code:

9    50 ms    49 ms    49 ms  vl3802.na01.b000544-0.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.66.170]
 10  175 ms  189 ms    50 ms  TelosOnline.demarc.cogentco.com [66.28.21.42]
 11    *        *        *    Request timed out.

"area edited"

But thats not always 100% accurate

However, it could be why Cavedude is MIA

donno if this is important or not but...

i know anyone who knows what they're doing can pull that information up but you might want to consider that if that address & name is the correct person hosting the server (or isnt shrug) they might not want their name & home address posted on this forum. a telephone number is veeery easy to find with that info and theres no telling how many calls he might get asking "whens the server going to be up??!!" :shock:

anyways, just saying, might wana pull that name/addy out of your post before it pisses the wrong guy off possibly bro. :wink:

paxprobellum 12-15-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownhost (Post 161451)
anyways, just saying, might wana pull that name/addy out of your post before it pisses the wrong guy off possibly bro. :wink:

Yer, especially since the address you gave is some dude's house -- I don't think this is the commercial hosting site of PEQTGC:

Trevius Edit: I removed the image. I understand your concern about the server, but attempting to track down the team members here is not going to help anything and is a bit disrespectful.