Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default Racial skills

Is there a way to add a racial skill to certain races? Like how ogres and trolls have slam ect. And if I added them make it so it works with the race class combo.

Edit: This part is more to help anybody that needs some info related to issues for this.
So as far as adding skills to classes are concerned it's easy enough in the DB to add them in from the skill_cap.
But the only skills that are use able (that I can find) are passive non activated skills 2h slash parry ect.
If you add Bash to a class it does allow you to use the slam skill on races that allow it to up that perticular skill because they tie in together.
But ability's like Tiger claw ect won't work because you can't make a hotkey for them as they won't show up because its client side.
So this is what i've figured out so far hope this helps someone out.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:28 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

I read a thread on this some time ago. I don't remember the specifics.

I've never looked into doing this but, IIRC it's technically possible. I am unsure about animations.

I did a brief test with forage for a human warrior.

I changed `skill_caps` table to allow it in the DB and added <pp->skills[SkillForage] = 5;> to <Client::SetClassStartingSkills>. It showed up proper in the DB when creating a new char but, not on client. I use Titanium client.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Titanium client uses hard-coded skill caps, as well as hard-coded race/class combinations. You need SoF+ clients to be able to customize those, unfortunately.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:26 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Time to get another client. At minimum, to test some of these things during my rise to the status of Novice EQEmu Developer. ~

What is the general consensus for a client?
Old 10-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Shendare
Dragon

SoF is decent. Underfoot is solid and stable. RoF2 is good, though we have yet to get guild banks and some of the features it changed relating to guilds, augmentations, etc. working. Not sure about SoD. It was only out for a short time before Underfoot replaced it.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:29 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shendare View Post
SoF is decent. Underfoot is solid and stable. RoF2 is good, though we have yet to get guild banks and some of the features it changed relating to guilds, augmentations, etc. working. Not sure about SoD. It was only out for a short time before Underfoot replaced it.
Maybe I'll just get all of them. :p
Old 10-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Uleat
Developer

We can't discuss or advocate where not to get your clients from.

Regardless, just make sure that your client has one of these build dates - exception being Client62 since it's no longer supported.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-03-2015, 02:22 PM
starblight
Sarnak

How would one figure out there clients build date?
Old 10-03-2015, 02:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

When a client executable is started, a log file called 'dbg.txt' will be created in that client's log directory.

The first line is usually the build report.

Aside from that...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-03-2015, 03:22 PM
starblight
Sarnak

Thank you never would have found that.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:35 PM
AdrianD
Discordant

Thanks Uleat. I am very aware of the taboo nature of discussing where to get the clients. I will figure that out and piracy didn't cross my mind, honestly.

I just want to know which client is considered the better client.

Thanks for the build date link too.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:27 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Thanks Uleat. I am very aware of the taboo nature of discussing where to get the clients. I will figure that out and piracy didn't cross my mind, honestly.

I just want to know which client is considered the better client.

Thanks for the build date link too.
UF is pretty much the golden standard. Lot of features, completely stable, low resource consumption.

RoF2 introduces a lot of new features and improvements but is not 100% complete (it is definitely complete enough to use though)

SoD/SoF were overshadowed by UF.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

We'll eventually get a current steam client integrated into the server..but, my last attempt ran out of 'steam' due to some changes made in it.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

OP if you have the time and mental capacity you can manipulate the AA section to setup new AA's with the abilities you want. Etc, I setup a bash assigned to anyone playing a zombie race that has a 50% chance to cast a low level DoT, irregardless of their class. I copied and manipulated the knights 2hand bash AA and then assigned my new AA to the new race. There is a lot more stuff you have to manipulate to make that work tho. The dbstr has to be altered etc...
Old 10-06-2015, 12:32 AM
AdrianD
Discordant

Quote:
UF is pretty much the golden standard. Lot of features, completely stable, low resource consumption.

RoF2 introduces a lot of new features and improvements but is not 100% complete (it is definitely complete enough to use though)

SoD/SoF were overshadowed by UF.
Thanks chrsschb.