Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 PM
mrkcmty3
Sarnak

Default Ships

Ehhh, any way to get em on a 6.0DR3 Server, I mean, the translocator is kinda lame, I mean I've heard of fixes for the ship issues, but no way to get the ships back. I mean, with out the ships it kinda makes some zones seems pointless, or locations atleast. Like the docks, and some NPC's that just are they're to tell you to keep an eye out for the ships.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:45 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

I just use search
I type "Boat"
I find this :
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...highlight=boat

I understand why boat don't work and i understand is not a eqemu priority :p

good journey to luclin
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:38 AM
mrkcmty3
Sarnak

Did you even read my post, I didn't learn anything new from that... Also I've already seen that. Though I mean it's kinda lame if you ask me, I mean especially if your trying to make an EQ Classic server.

I mean I want to see a ship, and ride a ship, or just atleast be able to see the ship. I mean can we still see em, I didn't w8 to long, like 7 minutes.

Last edited by mrkcmty3; 08-26-2005 at 08:41 AM..
Old 08-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkcmty3
Did you even read my post, I didn't learn anything new from that... Also I've already seen that. Though I mean it's kinda lame if you ask me, I mean especially if your trying to make an EQ Classic server.

I mean I want to see a ship, and ride a ship, or just atleast be able to see the ship. I mean can we still see em, I didn't w8 to long, like 7 minutes.
I dont understand..Did you try the trick to enable collision on the ship? I spawned a ship myself the other day and had a fight with it so its just an npc. So if you can enable the collision, then I guess the next step is to set the pathing for it. I would imagine thats how the ships worked in the old days? Or was there something more to the ship than jumping on and taking a ride?
Old 08-26-2005, 01:26 AM
mrkcmty3
Sarnak

Not sure, but I love you super smart apes, ummm, I don't know how to do all that, but I found this http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...highlight=ship.

Can someone help me through this, this is my like, 3rd week messing with EQemu,wanna have the server nice when I eventually get the real one up, right now I'm just using minilogin to test myself, and what can be done with 6.0DR3, but one issue I'm having with this is, like I haven't seen a ship, I used cavedudes installer, so he might have just taken em out I guess to keep newbies from jumping on them falling though, not knowing how to swim then, NOOOOOOOO newbie Jones is dead. Now their will never be an Indiana. DUM DA DaM DUMmm DUm dummmm dum dum dummm dumm dum dum dum dum. dum dummmm. *bolder roles over newbies Jones corpse floating in the water*
Old 08-26-2005, 01:45 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

It dont matter if he has taken them out. Dude..Have you been spawning stuff yet?? I already made a whole bunch of buttons to help me spawn stuff..The guidebook say ships are #72 so you just go to somewhere you know there is supposed to be a ship and spawn #72 with whatever gender it takes. material value is whatever it is to make something unclickable I guess. Then to keep it from disappearing you need to #npcedit create. Now thats as far as I am on spawning. I havent been adding #npcedit add. Im working on understanding the spawn tables at the moment.