Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 02-08-2004, 10:44 AM
sandy
Hill Giant

Default Sandy's Loot Editor

LootEditor-v1.1.zip (binaries)
LootEditor-v1.1-Source.zip (source files)

You need a working database for eqemu
If your npcs have spawn points, with this program you will be able to change the loot of each npc, it's sorted by zone/race of the npc/npc names and it shows then when you select a npc its loot table

you need to extract looteditor files in eqemu directory or to copy db.ini and spells_us.txt from eqemu directory to the directory where you extracted looteditor =)

next you need to add the 'races' table in your database from the 'races.sql' file

here is a preview :

I hope it will help you =)

PS: thx to projecteq to host my tools ^^
Old 02-09-2004, 11:17 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Crashes for me (WinXP).

Gets the Fatal Error, must be shutdown, would you like to send error report etc.

Looks very good - but as soon as I try and load a zone it crashes.

The file is in the EQEMu directory so has the correct libmysql.dll and db.ini.

Looks very useful though, if you can get it working :P

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

You are a brave, brave man Monrezz !
Old 02-09-2004, 01:50 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

can you send me your zone, spawn2, spawngroup, spawnentry, and npc_types tables and datas if possible plz so i can try it and see what's going wrong =)
thx

email me that at magic1612@wanadoo.fr

i need more people to try it to make it works =) thx for your help by advance

I've updated the version of looteditor to download, it's the last one, it needs spells_us.txt now if you want to see effects for items
re download it maybe =)
Old 02-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumpcard
You are a brave, brave man Monrezz !
Brave, or stupid?

Tried it on a spare box, not that brave

Don't suppose you want to distribute the source for your proggie sandy, I'm sure if people knew it was 100% safe they would be more...willing... to download it. People are a little untrusting here, when closed-source programs attempt to connect to the web...

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-10-2004, 12:12 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

I don't understand ?
it doesn't connect to the web
it connects only to your database on your computer
explain to me what's wrong it's the 1rst time I program and distribute something
Old 02-10-2004, 12:44 PM
wize_one
Dragon

releasing the source makes sure there is no virus in it..granted the net calls could just be attempts to attach to the database, but without people being able to see the code, it could be a virus-trojan-wurm. a bunch of things..people are just security minded.
Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:21 PM
mangoo
Items Master

Why don't you all thank sandy for making this program? Looks great from the screenshot! Complaining that her program MIGHT be a virus won't encourage her to make any other programs for the community.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:52 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

are you serious ? you really look at all the source files of all programs before to run them ? lol
and anyway, i think malicious people would be malicious enough to give cleaned source files and infected binaries ...
I think you should just use antivirus softwares like everyone =)

and yes i released this looteditor to help worldbuilders and i need help
I put the source files to download if you want, don't laugh at me, i just learnt visual c++ =)
Old 02-10-2004, 07:49 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

Thank you for making it - not saying there was no point. Looks like a great program to me, very useful!

But not many people are going to download it unless you release the source so they can verify it's not a trojan/worm/virus.

The reason people want to check is you are quite new here, and so people won't trust a program built by someone who just joined when the proggie tries to connect to the web. If someone, say Trumpcard, released a proggie there would be no hesitation to download it. But people get a little anxious with new people and new programs.

Release the source, make it avaliable for download and I'm sure your program will help a lot of people. Thanks for putting the time and effort in to help to community already

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Muuss
Dragon

Close source softwares are a trouble that i know well, everything i wrote for eqemu is closed, mainly because the mysql component i use isn't free and even the way it's used must be closed (developped at work, and is part of a bigger project). Anyway, i think the more boring thing isnt the fact that sources are closed, its the lack of feedback you get for your work. You know that people are downloading it because of the stats of your website, but you never know if they use it, don't use it, and even more why. Hard to keep your motivation.
Unless you're a 3rd party tool god (that i won't name since everybody recognized him yet) and release high quality stuff, it is, at least for me, hard to launch my RAD and start working on eqemu stuff
Of course, this is totally OOC, and i wish the best to Sandy. Btw, i tested your software, under w2000, it worked perfectly. thankees
Old 02-10-2004, 11:44 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

LIke Monrezz and Muss mentioned , its just a matter of not knowing the person releaseing the program. I see your joined date is Oct. 2002, so Im not too concerned, but for all we know you could be a disgruntled eqemu'r that thought it would be funny to release a trojan horse program to format someones hard drive. Its one thing to write a program, have forums, support, etc, dedicated to a program as opposed to just posting a link on a website saying 'download this, it'll do wonderful things'. I have years and years of very important data stored on my machines, yes I could recover them, but that doesnt mean i want to find out...

Its nothing personal against you, but if I dont know someone, or I dont see something estabilished as a credible project, i wouldnt install it unless i knew it was what it was advertised to be. There are alot of malicious people out there, so you have to be careful sometimes (and I think it is a shame that we do have to be)

Quote:
Complaining that her program MIGHT be a virus won't encourage her
I don't think anyone complained that it might be a virus, I think everyone just commented on the fact that it is considered risky to download exectables from someone you dont know.

Quote:
i think malicious people would be malicious enough to give cleaned source files and infected binaries
If you release the source code, most of us would compile it ourselves, so there would be less concern.

I definitely agree, thank you for the contribution. 3rd party programs are always greatly appreciated.[/quote]
Old 02-10-2004, 11:45 PM
Monrezz
Dragon

Looks as if you've released the source but can't have a look at school. I'll have a look at it later tonight. Might be able to see why it doesn't work on WInXP either. It could just be my database...

Anyway great program very useful! Keep them coming!

Monrezz

kRPG Profile
Old 02-11-2004, 03:00 AM
smogo
Discordant

Gave it a try, and got the same behaviour as moonrezz :

. it connects to the db, and retrieves the zone names. This fills up the drop down box on top. ok.

. when selecting a zone, it makes a second query. If the zone is empty (i.e. no spawn2 entry), just fine, doesnt have anythnig to show, so nothing happens.

. when selecting a populated zone, it make a second and a third query. On third query, it breaks and grindoze shows up a app killed message.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:11 PM
sandy
Hill Giant

oki
i'm stupid =)
the queries you are talking about are those who display the npcs by their race
you don't have the race table because it's not in eqemu =)
download it and try again with it plz ^^

thanks for your help