Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::News

Archive::News Archive area for New's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Edgar1898
Former EQEmu Developer
Current EQ2Emu Lead Developer

Default Server Compromised

Just wanted to let everyone know that the server was compromised last Friday whenever it went down (was actually caused by the attack). I just found out today that they installed a back door on the system and had almost total access to the server. Who would do such a thing you might ask? No, it wasnt LV, it was drplump. I recommend that ALL users change their passwords IMMEDIATELY. He (and who knows who else) had complete access to the databases over the last few days. Therefore, until a page is made to change your login database passwd (hopefully less than a couple of days), all login servers will be down. This really sucks, I know but its better than someone deleting all your characters on a server you like. I will try my best to have it done as soon as possible. For now, change all your passwords!
Old 06-24-2004, 01:54 PM
homestar
Fire Beetle

bummer :(
Old 06-24-2004, 01:55 PM
der13gt
Fire Beetle

so someone hacked the the emulator and now has access to everything? whats the point in that? and who is drplump?
Old 06-24-2004, 01:57 PM
VorpalDeath
Fire Beetle

sounds lame if you ask me but whatever >.< just gunna have to find somethin else to do :(
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

This is highly homosexual.

>:(
Old 06-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Mooch
Fire Beetle

wtf is the point in that? I mean the Emu is here for people. Cost free, and anyone can join.. Why the hell would you attack it and screw it up.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:03 PM
der13gt
Fire Beetle

if i was going to hack something i would hack the real thing
Old 06-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Terakoyas
Fire Beetle

Thanks for takeing the time to fix this problem even though it is a lose that it has to be down to do so it is best to be safe and be able to go back to the char's one has made rather then to have someone else messing with them or possibly even getting you banned .
Old 06-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Trixy
Fire Beetle

If you see this post, you mine as well read the truth, because it'll be deleted as soon as someone with mod/admin access sees it. Why? You can't know the truth!

You guys need to actually care about the project.. this is no surprise to me. I've talked to image tons of times, and it usually all came down to he didn't even care about the project.

There's what.. 3 programmers IF THAT left in this project that actually do anything?

The website has changed three times.. I think if that. And the current one was made by someone who is infamous for being a retard in this community. My point? You barely ever update this shit, not only that, you have tons of people who have FTP access that have tons of shit that is vunerable too.. TAKE A FUCKING LOOK AND OPEN YOUR EYES. if you ever want this project to have some fire in it's life again, then you need to actually sit down, get some peopel who care (if people even care about this game anymore) and kick back into gear.

And what do I think about after a dev reading my post? I'll be banned, no one will care, and the same ol' crap with 3 month updates will keep succeeding.

I miss the good old days when there were weekly updates. Oh well, I guess everything dies.

Nobody should be surprised about such a thing to this project.. if anything, i'm surprised that the whole project hasn't ended yet. Hey like my rank? You guys aren't that secure at all.. time to change the admin passwords!

And the people asking why you would hack it? Why not? The developers don't even care about the project, and half the time they do retarded shit. Like attack Lucid Vision Forums for no reason at all besides host their own server.

Which may I add: Image, Devn00b, and some other flamers did it.

So don't even fucking act innocent, developers of this project themselves are doing the SAME EXACT SHIT, to other servers and projects.

So you hypocrits, enjoying the summer?
Old 06-24-2004, 02:29 PM
Melwin2
Fire Beetle

Location: Outside. Pressing my nose up against the window. YOUR window.

You're right, to some degree, but you're still a retard. More retard than right, I might add.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Twizdead
Fire Beetle

Default Still pretty fuckin dumb

Even if what your saying is true why the hell should it matter they spend their time running it instead of going out and having fun......... WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO COMPROMISE THAT! They spend most of their time just trying to keep EQEmu alive so others can play on it and have fun its simply retarded to try and take that away.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:36 PM
der13gt
Fire Beetle

Trixy is it that time of the month again?
Old 06-24-2004, 02:56 PM
Cantaris
Fire Beetle

I agree with dude that called you a tard! I watch every day as these people build and run this thing, and I for one wouldn't put up with the crap that people put them through. So think what ever you please, I thank them for what they do.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Encerablu
Sarnak

Default ...

i dunno much about this project....but ur wasting my time and everyone elses time u fuqin idiot...bad enuff i play this game...now i gotta sit here and stare at these damn forums cuz i dont wanna patch to live and fuck it up....thanx =) appreciate it ...

ya kno what ill prolly get flamed for this message but i dont give a shit....
Old 06-24-2004, 03:07 PM
vashadow
Fire Beetle

Default Bottom LINE!!!

Is there a way to run your own PUBLIC logon server?? I know minilogon does the local net well but is there a full featured Public Logon .exe out there somewhere??

Just my 2 cents.

vashadow