Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Mirakus
Fire Beetle

Default mysql error when login process tries to create player account in peq

Hi.

I've ran an EQEmu server before, but it's been about a year since I've messed with it. I am using all new source, db, etc, and should have the latest revisions of everything as of yesterday.

I had set everything up, checked and double-checked my eqemu_config.xml and login.ini files, as well as made sure my mysql user had all permissions for the appropriate databases.

I am able to connect to my login server fine, see the game server is up, but when attempting to connect I get the error 1017 (which I've learned now can mean any number of things).

Going back to my server console, I then see this error:
Code:
Account Attempting to be created:mirakus 20
Error in CreateAccount query 'INSERT INTO account SET name='mirakus', status=20, lsaccount_id=2, time_creation=UNIX_TIMESTAMP();' #1054: Unknown column 'time_creation' in 'field list'
I'm assuming this mysql error has something to do with the 1017 I'm getting. It would seem if it is trying to create records in the peq db for my login, it is at least reaching the "game" server. The one notable difference in this install (as compared to my last one) is that I'm using mysql 5.1 instead of 5.0.xx series. I was under the impression 5.1 was now fully compatible. Was I incorrect in that assessment?

Anyone know what this means? Thanks.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:45 PM
rdurbin
Fire Beetle

just add a time_creation column and it will work, probably want to set it to the datetime style tho

I think it was some error in the database you downloaded, same problem happened to me and that is how I fixed it
Old 05-11-2011, 08:59 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

You need to run this SQL against your database. It is from 1711_account_restricted_aa.sql. You may also be missing other updates.

ALTER TABLE `altadv_vars` ADD `account_time_required` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `clientver`;
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `time_creation` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `suspendeduntil`;
UPDATE `account` SET `time_creation` = UNIX_TIMESTAMP() WHERE `time_creation` = 0;

If the first line causes an error, then you should only run the last two lines.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Mirakus
Fire Beetle

Smile

Thanks for the help! What I had to do was source in 1711 and after from the source distribution updates. The confusing part was that because I had peqdb1751, I didn't think to source in anything before that number. I should have known to do this, but as I said, it's been a while since I've set all of this up. Thanks again! Off to dealing with my Wine woes...
Old 05-12-2011, 03:14 AM
cerbere
Fire Beetle

I made myself the same reflexion, had database rev1751, wrote this script to include sql files above that 1751 number (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...15&postcount=3)
but I still had to include 1711 revision.
should I include as well 1711 to 1750 ?
it confuses me.

edit : I have to add that by running peqdb_rev1751, the 1711 file and all sql above 1751 I successfully create a character, enter world, so i'm not sure what the deal is with the other files
Old 05-12-2011, 03:48 AM
cerbere
Fire Beetle

ok I found this
Quote:
You will find a lot of .sql files in there, but you only need the ones starting with the
number 1711 (and up)(this is based on using the 1751 database)
in http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

that would answer my question about integrating 1711 and up, not only 1751 and up, but I still don't get the logic
Old 05-12-2011, 05:00 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Normally you only need to apply updates newer than your version of the database, but in the last release they weren't all applied, so until there is a new release you need to apply some that are older than the database revision.

There may be other that were missed, but 1711 is the fatal one.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 AM
cerbere
Fire Beetle

ok it's more clear for me now, thanks