Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Skomag
Fire Beetle

Default Mayong

[Mayong Server]

New server started last weekend based on latest PEQ database with a quest available at level 1 that will level you to 51 with 50 aa, spells, skills, and gear - similar to the new live Mayong server. Everything else is live-like (similar to the grand creation) with experience set at 1.5. The server is very stable with lots of bandwidth and should have no problem supporting lots of connections. Being a new server, we're still tweaking things so please report any bugs you find to the website below.

http://www.mayongeq.com/
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 AM
steve
Discordant

Probably not a good idea to name your server after a Live EQ server.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

yeah, SOE might not like that :/

could also go with the other part of his name though! not too sure how good mistmoore would be for a server name though
Old 07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
elation
Sarnak

I'll check it out. I might activate a live account since PEQ will probably be down for a good month or so. From Sony: "We are pleased to announce that the Mayong (51/50) Server will be opening up at 11:00 am (PDT) Tuesday, June 30, 2009."

Cool.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:52 PM
phorest
Sarnak

this server would be tons better if
when you got your spells, you got ALL your spells to that level.

spell scriber was added.

On small population emu servers trying to gather words to research spells is too time consuming. Lack of a player base/sellers in bazaar make gathering research components alot like work, not a video game.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by elation View Post
I'll check it out. I might activate a live account since PEQ will probably be down for a good month or so. From Sony: "We are pleased to announce that the Mayong (51/50) Server will be opening up at 11:00 am (PDT) Tuesday, June 30, 2009."

Cool.
Ironically, the server was back up before you even posted :P
Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Rogean
Administrator

yea don't name any eqemu servers after live ones.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:06 PM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

The EQlive Mayong server actually delivers. I have had more groups in the last three or four weeks on Mayong than I had during the Combines shitty existence.

Mayong is not perfect, but the best you will see for a while.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:17 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Theres no way that Mayong will have more players in its first month live than Combine did its first month live.

I remember starting on combine and nektulos had almost 400 players in it, at 4 AM
Old 08-04-2009, 05:04 PM
trevius
Developer

All characters on Mayong appear to start in Crescent Reach. I started a char there shortly after it was opened and didn't see more than 20 or so players in it. Then again, by starting at level 51, there isn't much you can do in Crescent Reach lol. They should have beefed the zone up to be for newbies at level 51, because there is no point at all to have newbie zones on a server where everyone starts at 51. I was only there very briefly to collect some AA info though, so I don't know much more than that lol.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:01 AM
barista1987
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
Theres no way that Mayong will have more players in its first month live than Combine did its first month live.

I remember starting on combine and nektulos had almost 400 players in it, at 4 AM
Sure, Combine had a ton of players the first month. But after 1 month of being on Combine I already noticed a bunch of players leaving. Right now on Mayong I see General, General1, General2, and General 3 with anywhere between 100-200 people in each channel at 2am EST. Combine was great, I wont put it down for anything, but it crashed very very early.

And no, you can choose to start in Crescent Reach or your race's starting zone.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
hawkmoon2000
Fire Beetle

This Server is down. Any news on it returning? Shame, was a great idea, I was really having fun here.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:52 PM
KingMort
Banned

Like SOE gives a shit.. Seriously you guys are totally paranoid... I am probably the only one that has total confirmation that SOE does not care about eqemu any longer.. They donated to me 4 years in a row , they gave me a Title of my choice on live.. Seriously guys who cares what the server is called.. I will bet my reputation on the fact that they will not give a shit...
Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

hahaha what title? and what server?
Old 08-05-2009, 05:46 PM
KingMort
Banned

Luclin, got to pick it out I chose "the Tactician" since I have lead raids for like 9 years...

They have also donated over 200 dollars every year for 4+ years