Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:58 PM
PetitScarabee
Fire Beetle

Default Tradeskill containers classic behaviour

Hi all,

I have played EQlive till luclin and I am completely unfamiliar with the behaviour of the tradeskill window of the Titanium client.
I have been looking for a way to set up my server so any click on a tradeskill container would immediately open the "experiment" interface, aka the old interface with the combine button.
I know it is possible to set up this behaviour because it is the one used on Project 1999 servers.
I have looked up the rules but I don't see anything about this, so perhaps it needs a patch of the code ?
I am wondering if anyone could help me find information about this, and any other thing that would help make the client look more classic. I saw nothing about the server code in the P1999 forums, so I suppose they forked the code or something and keep parallel changes that don't get into the main code base of the emulator ?
Old 09-17-2015, 05:23 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I think it's actually a setting on the client side. Look in the options window for a setting mentioning tradeskill containers and Ctrl+Click.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:21 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

p99's dll breaks the new interface and forces the old AFAIK.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:50 AM
PetitScarabee
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the answers.
I have not found any option about tradeskill windows in the titanium client graphical options.
I tried using the velious UI from p1999 and with this, when I clicked on "experiment" there was a button saying something like "click here to keep classic windows always" and it seems to work on this character, and the option stays activated after camping/closing eqgame. I will try and make a diff of the ini files to look for a ini file option about this.

I had not realized there is a dll in the p1999 patch; if they are using it for this feature, I will not be able to use it. I wonder if anyone is allowed to use this dll for other servers ?
Old 09-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Shendare
Dragon

The .dll in use for p99 makes a whoooooole heckuva lot of changes to the client in order to enforce their vision of a classic experience. Some of it will be compatible only with their server (like checking that the client's spells file is up-to-date with the official version, etc.).