Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Needs work

Tutorials::Needs work This is where tutorials get moved to that are incomplete or outdated

Old 01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
Ligghtning
Fire Beetle

ok so i finally found world.exe and now when i try to open it a cmd prompt window flashes and closes itself...any ideas or anything i missed?
Old 01-13-2004, 12:47 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
any ideas or anything i missed?
Other then the support forums and the search button?

This could be caused by a couple dozen issues, check out the support forms / search button. If you cant find your answer start a thread in the proper forum with all the steps you did and the issue you are having.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:49 PM
nascarfan1888
Fire Beetle

Default where did i go wrong

[Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.2
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=0, max id=0
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT gmflag,minstatus,unknown002,unknown005,unknown
107,unknown108,id,weight,norent,nodrop,size,itemcl ass,idfile,lore,slots,cost,nam
e,icon,unknown105,booktype,filename,bagtype,bagslo ts,bagsize,bagwr,augslot1type,
augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5typ e,unknown018,unknown019,unknow
n020,casttime2,unknown061,unknown067,unknown069,un known070,unknown076,unknown077
,augtype,ldonpointtheme,ldonpointcost,unknown099,a str,asta,aagi,adex,awis,aint,a
cha,pr,mr,dr,fr,cr,skillmodvalue,skillmodtype,bane dmgamt,banedmgbody,banedmgrace
,magic,hasteproclvl,light,delay,effecttype,range,d amage,material,maxcharges,recl
evel,recskill,charmfile,factionmod1,factionmod2,fa ctionmod3,factionmod4,factiona
mt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,reqlevel,h p,mana,ac,color,classes,races,
spellid,casttime,focusid,itemtype,accuracy,avoidan ce,bardtype,bardvalue,combatef
fects,deity,elemdmgamt,elemdmgtype,sellrate,shield ing,spellshield,strikethrough,
stunresist,tradeskills FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'casttime2
' in 'field list'
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
[Error] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Status] LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading addon.ini..
Old 02-02-2004, 07:59 AM
nascarfan1888
Fire Beetle

please disregard my above message as i have resolved that problem
Old 02-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Makallitank
Fire Beetle

It seems i am missing db.sql completely - its not in my mysql folder any ideas?
Old 02-07-2004, 03:57 AM
nascarfan1888
Fire Beetle

Quote:
It seems i am missing db.sql completely - its not in my mysql folder any ideas?
Which version of eqemu are you using? The 0.5.3 dr3 does not have a db.sql. You have to search around for an updated database source it in mysql using the command
Code:
use (XXX)*
source (YYY).sql
X = the name of your database and Y = the name of your .sql that you are sourcing. I'm sorry i do not know off the top of my head where you can get an updated database.sql.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:05 AM
Monrezz
Dragon

It can be downloaded in the "EQEmu Release" folder in CVS on SourceForge. If you don't have a CVS client, use the CVS Repository and download via that.

kRPG Profile
Old 03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
torormgotjewed
Fire Beetle

sorry, wrong forum~
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
or is that an impossibility because running yer own server isn't that simple and you needa know what you're doing to keep one up?
That is fairly close, as it DOES take SOME know-how to set one up and maintain it.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 AM
torormgotjewed
Fire Beetle

ok heres a more constructive question,

where do i DL the latest eqemu server binaries?

i'm assuming this is the "db.sql" file talked about later in the tutorial
Old 03-08-2004, 11:02 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Server binaries, and DB files are two different animals. But one needs the other to fully function. You can get the latest binaries from a link on the homepage. http://www.eqemulator.net . It is 0.5.3, but it is a patch or two behind EQLive, so unless your client (read the game) is patched to before the patch on 2-10-04, then you wont be able to play on that version of the server... There is a newer server listed as 0.5.5 DR1, however, they are in source (no binaries) because it is NOT a release, and there is NO support for them whatsoever. So unless you know how to compile them, and can set it up by yourself, I would not recommend attempting the 0.5.5 DR1's for now..... Otherwise you will have to stick to playing on someone else's server till they are released....

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Tulladar
Sarnak

Default Hey guys

Quick question..I got my server up and all that good stuff...but it's locked..If this was covered in another post plz let me know been trying to find something of that sort for about an hour now with no luck =/

btw...this is what I get: [Status] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.5.3-DR3
[Status] Loading variables..
[Status] Loading zones..
[Status] Loading items..
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=0, max id=0
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'SELECT gmflag,minstatus,unknown002,unknown005,unknown
107,unknown108,id,weight,norent,nodrop,size,itemcl ass,idfile,lore,slots,cost,nam
e,icon,unknown105,booktype,filename,bagtype,bagslo ts,bagsize,bagwr,augslot1type,
augslot2type,augslot3type,augslot4type,augslot5typ e,unknown018,unknown019,unknow
n020,casttime2,unknown061,unknown067,unknown069,un known070,unknown076,unknown077
,augtype,ldonpointtheme,ldonpointcost,unknown099,a str,asta,aagi,adex,awis,aint,a
cha,pr,mr,dr,fr,cr,skillmodvalue,skillmodtype,bane dmgamt,banedmgbody,banedmgrace
,magic,hasteproclvl,light,delay,effecttype,range,d amage,material,maxcharges,recl
evel,recskill,charmfile,factionmod1,factionmod2,fa ctionmod3,factionmod4,factiona
mt1,factionamt2,factionamt3,factionamt4,reqlevel,h p,mana,ac,color,classes,races,
spellid,casttime,focusid,itemtype,accuracy,avoidan ce,bardtype,bardvalue,combatef
fects,deity,elemdmgamt,elemdmgtype,sellrate,shield ing,spellshield,strikethrough,
stunresist,tradeskills FROM items ORDER BY id', #1054: Unknown column 'casttime2
' in 'field list'
Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
[Status] LoginServer.ini read.
[Status] Loading guild ranks..
[Status] Loading addon.ini..
[Status] Loading EQ time of day..
[Error] Could not load EQTime file ./eqtime.cfg
[Error] Unable to load ./eqtime.cfg
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Status] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
You may already be a winner... of the darwin award.
TCP listening on: 192.168.2.2:9000
World server listening on: 192.168.2.2:9000
Connected to LoginServer: eqlogin1.eqemulator.net:5997
Old 03-11-2004, 08:39 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Your database is NOT compatible for the version of EQEMu you are trying to run.. Look in the world building forum for links to the newest databases...

Quote:
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 03-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Fallow
Fire Beetle

Default Re: HOWTO: Setup a server with EQEmu 5.X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearik
Step One: Before You Start

Once inside mysql type:

grant all privileges on *.* to username@localhost identified by 'password' with grant option;

Change underlined username and underlined password with the username/password you chose when you ran winmysqladmin for the first time.

did as you said typed that but said error 1045: access denied to (my user name)@localhost identified by '(my password)' with grant option:
of coarse i didnt put parenthesis so what you think is wrong i did create my name and pass in that one program you said to run
Old 03-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Fallow
Fire Beetle

and i did a search and nothing worked