Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 02:28 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Default DRP: Database Editor

Hello All,

I have been working for a quite some time now on a Database Editor that is compatable with the new DB's. While I am still working on this project and I do not consider it to be close to done yet, I have finished certain parts and thought that this might be a good time to release a beta version and get some feedback on what I have done so far.

Now please keep in mind that this is still in development and only a beta test version. I have tested everything I could think of to work so far but may have missed something. I would strongly recommend that you make a copy of your Database and use that for testing. So far I have completed Editing Loot Tables, Spell Tables, System Variables, and NPCs to a point. . Please give it a try and let me know what you think of it so far and you can email any questions of comments that you may have to EqEmuEditor@sesmar.net. For Bug reports please include a detailed message of what you were doing when the error occurred and a screenshot would be helpful if possible.

Now for installation.
You can download the installer from:
http://eqemu.sesmar.net/DB_Editor/DRP_Editor.rar

This package contains 3 files, two of them are for the installer (the .exe and .msi files). The third a .sql file needs to be sourced into your Database in order for the program to work. This is just a couple of code tables that I have created to make my life easier, such as list of spells, races, bodytypes etc. . I would suggest sourceing the .sql file first then running the file named Setup.exe to install the program. Please let know of any difficulties that any one has with the installation so I can make this easier in the future as well.

Thank you all for your time and I hope you find what I have been working on useful.

Last edited by sesmar; 01-27-2006 at 02:50 PM..