Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Linux Servers

Archive::Linux Servers Archive area for Linux Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-2002, 09:01 AM
stile
Fire Beetle

Default world flag accountname option in Linux EQEMu

I installed EQEmu 0.3.3.1 this morning on Red Hat Linux 7.3 w/MySQL 3.23.49, and I'm pretty sure everything is setup correctly as installation went without a hitch and I can tell that people are logging into my server and zoning, etc. I've only run into one problem so far:

When I attempt to invoke the worldserver with the following command:

./world flag user 200

(to grant my account ServerOp status, of course replacing 'user' with my corresponding EQEmu login name that I registered), I get the following:

LoginServer.ini read.
Using database 'eq' at localhost
Account being GM flagged:user, Level: 200
database.SetGMFlagfailed.

Then I get returned to the command prompt. Anyone ever seen this before?

Running the server without giving these command line arguments works fine. I'm looking for a way to flag my account for ServerOp status though. Any alternate methods to accomplish this? And while I'm on the topic, are there any Linux tools available to edit the database with like the Windows users have available?

thanks,
-Stile