Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Default Are newbie monsters supposed to have kick?

I've been tweaking mobs to make it so my nekked low level character actually has a chance against the newbie area mobs. The default setup has the mobs much tougher than I remember from live. Way more hitpoints and they seem to hit more often and do more damage.

Anyway, I toned down their HPs and AC along with str, dex, and agi. This helped but by the time I got them to where I wasn't losing 3:4 times, they seemed to die easier than live and yet still do more damage.

After a while noticed that it wasn't the normal attacks that were doing the damage to my character, it was the kicking. I don't remember decayed skellies and wasps having kick in their arsenal!

Now, its been a long time since I played EQ so perhaps my memory is wrong - but should the lower level mobs have kick? And should a wasp ever have kick at all?

I was going to report this as a bug, but then I thought I should ask first since its been so long since I played live - I just might be remembering it wrong.