Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default Proposition for developers: new NPC special

(this is rather long read with posability of many grammar errors - my appologies)

I am looking at NPC special flags such as:

O Immune to non-bane damage
W Immune to non-magical damage

and I am thinking how EQ1 original desiners went wrong at very cretaion.
If you remember original Magic weapons were very rare, the idea was mundane weapons would have better stats (specialy dmg and dly) but magic
weapon make you able to hit some special creatures.

But eventualy every single weapon in game was magical which entirely ruined the idea.

I am thinking how this inherited flaw can be fixed.

How about cretaing a special flag (call it Z) that will make npc immune to non-bane weapons OR to non magical weapons.

The diffirence here versus just setign npc to both O and W flags, is that such NPC would need to be hit by a weapon which must be both, bane AND magical at the same time.

The Z flag I am proposing will be "bane OR magical".

How this will affect the game: esentily this will allow you to make all non mundane npcs, like ghosts, elementals etc etc to be set to a Z flag.
WHich means that you woudl have to either- brign a special bane weapon vs them, OR brign a magical weapon which will be unvirsely good vs ANY type of mob. Truly magical weapons could them be made EXTRIMLY rare

Once again, compared to what we have now, if you would set mob to bane only- magic weapon is useless vs it, and vice-verse, if mob is set to magic-only, regular bane is useless against it (unless bane weapon is ALSO magical at the same time), which IMHO is bad, cuase then such bane weapon (due to been magical) will also work on many other cretaures.

(of course there is an alternative way to achive this effect in current set up - such make all special mobs bane only, and remove magical weaposn from the game complitly - this however prevents us from having a weapon which is universality good vs everything even if it has poor stats. I am also thinking if it is posible to make a magical bane weaposn with normal dmg of 0 - so its would do 0 dmg vs unintended targets while - but I am affraid that game won't consider it a weapon at all...)

As other posabilities- it would be nice to have wider array of bane spells. (liek vs undead or elemental) but also expanding to insects, other body types, race-bane spells etc.