Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Server Code Submissions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 AM
apex67
Fire Beetle

Default Connection issues with multiple servers

I am relatively new to the EQEmu thing although I had played EQ for a good 4-5 years so I am very familiar with the original game.

I started playing EQEmu two days ago and I've had a lot of fun reacquainting myself with the environment and overall feel of the game. I played all last night with no issues, but when I try to login this morning, I just can't seem to pull it off.

I created a character on [PEQ] The Grand Creation (Preferred Server) two days previous and tried to play my Shaman just a few minutes ago. I get past the login screen, the server select screen, and then when I get to the character select screen and I select "Enter World", it dumps me to a black screen that says "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED"

So I think, fair enough, the server is probably having issues. That doesn't seem to be the case. I created a new character on VZ/TZ PVP server and I have the same issues. I decided that maybe it wasn't a server issue, but a client issue, and I restarted the EQgame.exe (of course, with the appropriate shortcut parameters). I tried to login to "The Grand Creation" with my Shaman, and I was able to enter the Gloomingdeep Mines with no issues. I decided to exit the tutorial and return to Halas and when I did, I was returned to the same disconnect screen.

It seems now that I can not get past this disconnect screen no matter what I try to do. Are there any suggestions out there or is there a huge gaping hole in my troubleshooting logic? I don't want to reinstall the game if I don't have to so I'd like to exhaust all other troubleshooting options before hand.

Thanks in advance!
-Aegide Drekkenzin