Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 AM
slappy6553212
Fire Beetle

Default Mob Spawning

** first post here, if this is in the wrong area, sorry and please let me know where it should be, this seemed the most appropriate. **

I'm fairly new to running a server, just started playing around with it earlier this week. Setup was no issue, everything works great. I've even started writing quests that work and whatnot. Here's my problem though :

I've read that to get models from other zones to work, you need to include their 3-letter code and zone file name (trk,sebilis_chr, for example for Trakanon) in the appropriate _chr.txt files (let's use jaggedpine_chr.txt for example). You've probably figured out that I want to spawn Trak in JP.

Here's my jaggedpine_chr.txt file :

dra,dra_chr
uni,lfaydark_chr
fmo,fmo_chr
sdm,sdm_chr
skb,skb_chr
trk,sebilis_chr
dra,dreadlands_chr

(Note : I made sure there were no extra space, linefeeds, <cr>'s, etc and that the file was straight text. I use textpad for my editing, and I've never had any issues with it. I use it for my perl quest files w/o issue as well, so I think I've covered all of the "file error" possibilities.)

when using #npcedit race (race number that corresponds with the above races), then I do a #repop, I get the human model. However, The Unicorn works. The Flying Monkey, Shade, Banshee, Trak, and Dreadlands dragons do not. It may be beneficial to note that the mobs make the "noises" that they are supposed to, it's just the image that isn't correct. (Ex, if I set npc to Trak race, I hear the sounds that Trak makes, but I see a naked human)

when I use #race (same number as above) I get the correct race, no problem. Of course, this is temporary and no good for me.

So I did some more searching, trying to find the issue and a resolution. Other than things I had already checked, I came across a thread that talks about editing the "Resources\GlobalLoad.txt" file to make mostly all of the models global, hoping this would resolve the issue. No dice. I still get perfect results with #race, but none with #npcedit. This is for the "non-global" models only ... If I use #npcedit / #repop with a global model, things seem to work just fine.

So, to sum up, I have the jaggedpine.chr.txt file as shown above, as well as the editied GlobalLoad.txt changes implemented right now. Other than that, I've made no modifications to anything else, except for quests and other npc's.

I should also add that I've waited in zone and #repoped numerous times, zone out and back in, logged out and back in, restarted the server, even waited a day with the machine tuned off. Doesn't seem to be an "impatient operator" issue either

Sorry to be long winded, but I've tried to be as detailed as I could in my post. If there's anything else you'd need to know to help me fix this, please let me know. Currently, this is the only thing holding me back.

TIA