Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Smedy
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinuDaily View Post
It is really too bad that a small portion of the PVP player base has ruined it for everyone else. It is bad enough that they made VTZ unbearable to play... but now people are afraid to even touch a pvp server due to the rep these select few have given the pvp community.
You can blame the community, but i think the staff is ultimately the ones to blame for how bad vz/tz turned out. They were the ones not listening to the single few who were trying to save the server and ultimately wiped it over and over again for various reasons.

I'm still a firm believer that vz/tz died with the wipe that occurred at the end of 2009.

If Rogean takes on this project to make a PVP server (I really hope he does) i expect him to wipe both the staff & database clean. I don't think anyone want to play under the same staff that ultimately showed that they cannot make the right decisions when needed to once more.

I think a pvp server would do really great in the right environment. First of all you need that slow P99 style exp to prevent people from cheating. How does slow exp prevent anyone from cheating? Well it's simple. People who cheat takes risks doing so, they know this. If they get caught, they usually just roll up another character on another account since it only takes them a week or two to get max level. With a huge exp time sink cheaters will give up quickly if you have proper logging & active GM's.

With the cheaters out of the picture and a solid GM crew that rules with justice and iron fist + p99 grind exp, i think you'll filter out the bad seeds very quickly and end up with a pvp community that enjoys the pvp aspect of the game but still can be mature about it.