Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up A new server in the works.

Hi guys, first time posting here I think but I wanted to announce that i am working on a new server. And i will give you a few details of what to expect.

Story driven content - I have tried to make it driven and evenly paced enough not to rush through leveling and enjoy the content, The story is inspired by the Super Nintendo game Chrono Trigger, Without given away too much, it will involve a sort for of time travel, thanks to a few zones in SoD that will enhance the feel that it will bring you in. I want players to feel the story instead of it just feeling like another task or a plugging along feeling.

With this content, Boxing is not going to be allowed, and most content is group enabled. with Solo exp set very low and Group exp set to the point where just one person in your group will put you in the proper range of level advancement. With most bosses requiring 2-4 people starting at level 20, and a lvl 20 raid zone already made. I will be making countless things to improve the " want " to group feeling to make up for no boxing or botting.

A few classes have gotten makeovers, such as Enchanters, Rangers, Beastlords, and modifications to other classes to set them on par with the high level content. As a few notes with rangers, Hail of arrows type of style is going to replace all there spells, they will lose to the ability to heal however all spells will be replaced with a " New " shot system much like hunters on WoW, all skill will be near instant except for a few long casting high damage shots, with Arrows as a reagant, and high mana cost. Rangers will get high mana regen " much higher " then others on class gear to simulate a " focus " type of regen so rangers can use a wide variety of shots.

Enchanters will gain the ability to charm all mobs up to max level starting at level 1, " No you cant charm bosses heh " Enchanters are now one of the top solo classes on my server, as Enchanters are now migrated to more of a pet class then support class. Allowing them to heal there pets and a mixture of special pet skills.

This server will have many aspects to popular games, That i am not willing to release at the moment, the server is in very early stages of development and i am also changing sound files as an optional download, I keep playing around more then developing content, i think people will enjoy this server when its finally ready for public play. I will update this more as I deem more content info worthy for release.

P.S. IMHO Music and sound is much a part of any game, i think the new sounds and music added will add the feel needed to suck you into the story.

The server Name right now is Mirror's World: Edge of the Universe.

Last edited by ssarshikss1; 06-13-2011 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: Rangers get high, but not just for any reason.