Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Uleat
Developer

Default EQEmu Console Project

I've spoke about designing a front-end application for EQEmulator on another thread and decided it was time to start my own to bring in ideas and suggestions. Just remember the concept of this project is focused mainly on installing and configuring a working server the first time and with minimal effort.

(Just remember that my programming skills are lacking and this is a learning process for me.)

This project is the result of issues that I had installing and configuring my server based on my level of knowledge (or lack thereof..) I've read numerous posts asking for help concerning the same problems over-and-over. There was a post somewhere that asked if the programs could, essentially, be run through a windows form rather than three independent 'com' windows. My first thought was to search search the internet and see if someone already knew how to do this. I found a few snippets of code and off we were!

The main goal of this project is to provide a 'Windows' interface that can install and configure the required support software, download/compile source code through command-line scripts, and install/maintain/update content.

I hope to implement not only a working emulator console, but also add AllaClone support as well.

These are the main foci of what I want to accomplish, but as I discover what can and cannot be accomplished with the existing EQ client, options and features may have to be adjusted.

Wish me luck!