Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM
addingice
Sarnak

Default Any chance of a git/github migration?

Just wondering.

I realize that this project is older and so it's been on svn for a long while, but I would love to submit a lot of basic code clean up patches (since I love this project) but I don't bother because it's just not worth it for those tiny patches to jump through the hoops to get them to you guys.

with a github setup it's pretty simple to do so.

example simple fixes I'm talking about is in AA.cpp. lots of magic number things all over. aka,

spell_id = <insert magic number here>

None of which is a huge issue. It's not to bad to look up the values and figure out what they mean. But I would love to throw out a couple small patches fixing those minor things (ie, #define CELESTIAL_REGENERATION_2_ID 3250)

these minor fixes aren't a huge deal but it makes it real easy to pull in more programmers when these tiny pulls can be done. sort of a 'toes in the water' type thing.