Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2019, 04:49 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Wizard Class Nukes Broken (Probably just on my server...)

I did a search for this issue, and was unable to find anyone else having it. One of my players reported today that he'd made several wizards and the class was broken as a whole. So, I tested what he was claiming...

On a non-GM, regular player account, I made a wizard and exited the newbie area. I was able to cast my shielding buff as normal. However, the level 1 ice nuke when clicked grayed out like it was being cast, but there was no casting bar, and the nuke never fizzled or went off. Then the cooldown eventually reset. Rinse and repeat.

Wondering if this was an issue just with that one nuke in particular, I logged onto my GM account, made a wizard and #level 70'd and #scribespells 70 1... Then I repeated the test. Shielding buffs worked as intended. The nukes, this time, opened the casting bar but it never depleted (stayed 100% full) and the nuke went off. I tested nukes of every spell type and multiple levels. For some reason, the casting bar isn't working properly and non-GM wizards can't nuke.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong here? I had been hoping that just the first wizard nuke was broken, but it seems to be repeatable with all of them.

EDIT: After rebooting the server, regular players now have a cast bar that stays full and the nuke eventually goes off. Upon closer inspection, the nukes all have a 0.1 cast time, despite the spells displaying the proper cast times in the spells_new table. Any idea why this is only effecting wizard nukes and how to fix it?