Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Tools

Archive::Tools Archive area for Tools's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
capusr5
Sarnak

Default iEQ

First of all, iEQ isnt a brilliant new idea that none have ever thought of making and such. In fact almost everything it does is already covered, in one way or another, by the other great tools here such as EQAdmin or the awesome LootEditor.

In fact it was Sandy's LootEditor that made me start this project for various reasons, a thing that I feel needs to be said cause its also the source of all these great icons that iEQ uses

Now that I have said it, iEQ is a tool that helps world builders work mainly with NPCs Faction, Loot sets and Merchant sets. It lets you change/create/delete/rename Factions, assign the to NPC's, create/change lootsets, cash, merchant sets, adding items etc. It also comes with a nice Item browser (to select items) and lets you change in general some details of each spawn, like NPC level, hit points etc. Also it has a build in Report Generator that lists all details of each zone, like wrong faction IDs, incorrect items in lootsets etc.

Before using it, it would be usefull to read the iEQ.txt file that comes with the .zip, as I have included a bit more info there. Just to give you a general idea, before you even install it, you need a) the .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 (from microsoft) plus to source in your DB the iEQ.sql file, which is also included in the .zip. (more details on the .txt file)

Of course you also need to edit the iEQ.ini file, but I have included all info in the iEQ.txt file.

The link you can download is the follow:

http://www.reporter.gr/thanos/files/zara/ieq.zip

Please note that this isnt a finalized program. It most definately has some random bugs here and there (although I have cought the most obvious ones). It also needs a lot of improvements like Berserker support, a bit more functionality and such.

Let me know if you find it usefull or if you have any problems by using it.

ps. I have developed it using the myWorld-5.5-alpha1 database and the 5.5DR1 server program, so take this in mind if you face any difficulties.