Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2004, 02:09 PM
sianyde
Sarnak

Default 5.7DR4 Bug at character creation

I'm running 5.7DR4, from CVS on 6-11, with the latest posted opcodes fixes, and the mob.cpp fix. I'm using the 5.7DR2 alpha 1 database, with the AC update and govtcheese's items fixes. I'm running Windows XP SP 1.

I am having character creation issues. I can't seem to create, at least, the following combinations: high-elf cleric, high-elf enchanter, halfling rogue, vah shir warrior, froglok shaman. I can choose these combos, edit the stats using all the points, and customize the toon.

When I attempt to enter the world, I get the 'entering the mines of gloomingdeep' message, but I never get the EQ splashscreen. The client just hangs. Eventually, I get "you have been disconnected", and return to the login screen.

Upon exiting the client from that point, I notice the WinXP "world.exe has experienced an error, and has been shut down". The last lines of text in the world.exe command box are:

character creation request from sianyde
Name:Krog
Race:330 Class:10 Gender:0 Deity: 208 Start Zone:6
STR STA AGI DEX WIS INT CHA total
75 85 100 100 110 75 55 600
Face:3 Eye Colors: 0 0
Hairstyle: 255 Haircolor:255
Validating Character Creation info
Guildwars rules disallow this character
Found 1 errors in character creation process
CheckCharCreateInfo did not validate this request (bad race/class/stats)

The WinXP dialog box supplies the following information:
appname: world.exe
Appver 0.0.0.0
ModName world.exe
Modver 0.0.0.0
Offset: 0016a975

This happens for all of the previously listed race/class combos. I have had to create these combos by using a different race, and then using #permarace. I can use, at least, dwarves, iksar, and gnomes.

I first experienced the problem with high elves. Believing it to be something with the starting zones, I used EQAdmin to have high elves start in kaladim, but that didn't fix the problem either.