Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 11-17-2003, 12:51 PM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

hehe well i know that much, but i'm using your database :-\... so unless you forgot to stick it in there

EDIT: nevermind, i'm a n00b ... it came with the 5.0, ahehaehahe sorry more mindless spam on the boards :(
Old 11-17-2003, 02:12 PM
Magick
Sarnak

When trying to cast:

I dont know that TargetType. 0xff

I notice an edit earlier in this thread that this was fixed, yet spells aren't functioning for me with the "release" version.

Also with the release version, during autobooting of a zone the client disconnects and says the zone is not available. Once the zone is fully booted, the client can attempt again (from char select, etc) and it will then zone them properly (providing the zone hasn't re-entered sleep mode).

Edit: I'll double-check the .cfg theory with some of the zones I've PC'd lately although I know Qeynos was one where I tried to create a new char and had that problem. I do have a .cfg for that zone.
Old 11-17-2003, 03:02 PM
flyrken
Sarnak

Zones that don't have .cfg are doing the above.

Using database moving_NPC alpha 3_2 with Release Code 5.0.
Telnet who is not working with this database.

#motd is not working.

SK scribing spells the old fashion way ie #si (Bobbing Corpse number) and scribing yeilds message of failure. Also the scroll is on the cursor with the error, forcing camp or zone.

Looting errors with conflicting lore message happen in Sleeper with nodrop lore items worn.

more to come.. editing again.

EOF
Old 11-18-2003, 01:30 AM
ltlruss
Discordant

Don't know if this is still a problem.... Playing on Brightblade server, while fighting in Blackburrow, all the gnolls in the whole place agroed when i was fighting one... you could see them dropping through the roof. Also, while fighting Hadden, I noticed that the boat was hitting him. For SnG's tried attacking the boat and it followed me all the way across the zone.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:35 AM
Kroeg
Hill Giant

lol... I've seen a boat attack someone on my server, and that person attacked and killed the boat (it took quite a while) but that bug is on my side as well.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:05 AM
DuDeMaN
Sarnak

know it's not that important.. but have also notice that #nukeitem doesn't work at all :-\
Old 11-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Jerrysn
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroeg
lol... I've seen a boat attack someone on my server, and that person attacked and killed the boat (it took quite a while) but that bug is on my side as well.
You can also attack the raft in Halas and all the guards and merchants in range will even help.

Not a bug i'm worried about, its kinda fun really.

-Jerry
Old 11-18-2003, 10:33 AM
fingr
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magick
When trying to cast:

I dont know that TargetType. 0xff

I notice an edit earlier in this thread that this was fixed, yet spells aren't functioning for me with the "release" version.

Also with the release version, during autobooting of a zone the client disconnects and says the zone is not available. Once the zone is fully booted, the client can attempt again (from char select, etc) and it will then zone them properly (providing the zone hasn't re-entered sleep mode).

Edit: I'll double-check the .cfg theory with some of the zones I've PC'd lately although I know Qeynos was one where I tried to create a new char and had that problem. I do have a .cfg for that zone.
I have the same problems on my server aswell.
Old 11-18-2003, 07:35 PM
Eshry
Sarnak

*shrug* I got the most recent world.exe zone.exe and sharemem, not a problem. (the spells issue)
Old 11-19-2003, 12:54 AM
mollymillions
Hill Giant

This is minor but the quest $item function seems to be truncating the item id. If i use #summonitem 13073 and then give the item to an NPC with the following quest:

EVENT_ITEM {
say($item1);
}

It returns 1307 instead of 13073. $itemcount does not have this problem.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:06 AM
omper
Sarnak

Default Spell: Fear

Well.. i didnt see this anywhere so ill post it..

If an NPC Fears you, You cant regain control of your Char. Cant zone, move or do much of anything but camp..

Omper
Old 11-19-2003, 05:18 AM
AK1122
Sarnak

Spells bug again =(

First i get something like goto hometown and get items to cast. Items dont cast either... Some spells I cannot memorize

Then I get things like Unknown TargetType

Tried replacing the spells_us with the one you get when using the EQEmu patcher.. No difference.

Thank you =) great work on the EMu
Old 11-20-2003, 04:22 AM
snorky
Fire Beetle

Critical hit bug on ogre warriors:

I noticed on some of the critical hits i was getting they were negateve

snorky
Old 11-21-2003, 06:52 AM
Magick
Sarnak

Fixed the "I dont know that TargetType. 0xff " problem.

I nuked both spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt, repatched and the copied both over to emu dir overwriting both files (wish I had written down the byte difference). I assume the first were bad/incomplete downloads since I patched it the first time, but spells work now so who cares? Give that a try if you're having the same problems.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:55 AM
AK1122
Sarnak

actually i solved mine by updating to CVS version =P