Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:07 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiphreak79 View Post
This is unclear especially since the rev is now 2027 on the db does this mean i need to install update from the 1667 till 2068 line still or is the 2068 db updated? i am afraid to screw it up again so im just going to ask for clarification first.

Code:
The reason your doing this, is because, even after a new database revision is out, all
the updates developed after that, need to be sourced in. In this case, when the rev1751
was sent out, (after the 1667), not all updates were applied to the release.
I know it leaves more work for us "end users", but what the heck, it's free
That depends on what binaries you are using. It sounds like you are running Rev2068 binaries and Rev2027 of the PEQ DB. If that is true, you just need to source in any updates between 2027 and 2068 seen here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...ls%2Fsql%2Fsvn

In your case, that should be the following files:

2057_required_discovered_items.sql
2058_optional_rule_discovered_items.sql
2062_required_version_changes.sql

And then your DB and Binaries should be matching and set to go.

Quote:
is it ok to populate my naked login database using the login DB from a repack??
I would not recommend mixing and matching with the Repack and normal install.

You should be able to just follow steps 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 from the guide here:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
Old 12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

ok ty i was just curious cause of how it was worded it was confusing i ziped up my server incase i screw it up again cause as far as i know so far its going ok this time its hard to focus on all the walkthroughs so many diff ones keeping track of it can be difficult..
All this to play a game i loved for years since it came out till pop lol and since im moving out to where theres no real internet i wanted to get a hold of a working recient stable server that supported the latest client i had in my possession lol
Old 12-06-2011, 09:40 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

Wow ok that helped straighten things out now im almost up just some config isses i have to find where i messed up the settings that keep it from connecting
Thank you for pointing me in the right places there is just so much its very hard to track down what you specifically need
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

up and created a drakkin and eq client crashed on login dont know what caused it yet but up to the char creation everything ran like a live server even the descriptions were there.
reinstalling sof fresh i know following some guides it said to alter some of my sof files and somthing tells me i shouldnt have

OK so my tip for server setups do not have your rev*.sql in the same dir as your database when you source them cause it really goes crazy

i only realized that was my issue when it wouldnt let me remove the peq db and recreate

And mmm what else heidi wont always tell you if you have a bug.. :( and i like my heidi so sweet and gentil
Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
trevius
Developer

If your zone is crashing when you log in, it is normally due to missing a required SQL update. You can normally check your logs and see if they have any useful information. If not, you can run a debug, but that might be a bit too complicated for you as it requires compiling your own source.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

Server up and working after a bunch of minor config file changes

thank you for helping clarify the information in here to get this up

I would be happy to upload this preconfigured server for dummies as soon as i make sure its fully working it wont have anything custom or altered from the peq 2068
I know things are missing from it and itll never be perfect but the way eqemu is setup i can add content easily when not having internet

as for the booting thing it looked like it is the tutorial b thing but when i come back in i start in tutb anyway so im not gonna disable it

i may instead try and write the story for tutorial a zone 188 as is was on live last i recall and then alter the tutb to tut a starting and see if that resolves the whole char creation into tutorial issue

Tested server on Titanium and SOf both working on port 5999
no changing anything needed
multiple char creations and a little travel tested
Old 12-07-2011, 03:41 AM
pepsiphreak79
Sarnak

Its up everything works pretty good Unaltered from what the peq 2068 db and core files
worked on tit and sof

runs right out of an unzip once your maps are placed in

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34574

Last edited by pepsiphreak79; 12-07-2011 at 04:37 AM.. Reason: moved to new topic
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Its up everything works pretty good Unaltered from what the peq 2068 db and core files
worked on tit and sof

Code:

If anyone wants it heres the torrent mag link:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:021F89236BF6412818998701FF93645C02617864&dn=eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Media fire link 
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ka04ae5m5yu07av/eqemu-rev2068-wbots-wcore-wdb-wquests_unmodified_repack_nomaps.zip
One post is enough. I advise people to compile from source themselves unless you want a potential trojan. The only official repack is the one on google code.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
rullare
Sarnak

hi^^

i just wondering way can't u write that we can have skype open when we are starting the server?????????

i get stack for i diden't know that^^ but i try to closed it and it's work^^ plz implument it its very importent.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/...n-to-use-Skype
Never had this issue myself and the above link doesnt show ports that would conflict but double check your settings.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:49 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

I followed the guide except for the LoginServer part, I use Minilogin instead since its easier to set up. Anyways here is the combination of software I used.

Win XP 32bit
MySQL 5.1.60 Essentials
Perl 5.12 (I had to change the two pragma lines that said perl510.lib to perl512.lib)
Zlib 1.2.5

Any other working combinations would be appreciated. I have not tried MySQL 5.5 or Perl 5.14 on 32bit yet.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 PM
gr1m.a1ch3m157
Fire Beetle

I having trouble with the C++ Rebuild part of the tutorial... I have followed this tutorial to the absolute T and I get 3 success and 2 failed every time.. why is this? I have windows 7 64bit. Any help would be awesome. Cleaning it I get 5 success and 0 failed though. I went to the build log and found the 2 errors.

EQWParser.cpp
.\EQWParser.cpp(116) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value
.\EQWParser.cpp(123) : error C2106: '=' : left operand must be l-value

What do I do?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 PM
werebat
Hill Giant

I had those same errors before and it was perl related. I dropped back from 5.14 to 5.12 and then it worked. There is another thread specifically for x64 compiles, check there.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
gr1m.a1ch3m157
Fire Beetle

Default Same trouble.

I changed the Perl version but still nothing, any other ideas?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Malpercio
Fire Beetle

So i started following the tutorial today, and, using all the links/programs listed in the first post, it can't compile because it can't find zlib.lib. I checked in the folders and it doesn't exist, so I'm wondering if it's supposed to point at zdll.lib or zlib.def, or if I really am missing a file

Last edited by Malpercio; 12-31-2011 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: fix filename