Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::GeorgeS's Tools

Development::GeorgeS's Tools A forum just for GeorgeS's tools

Old 07-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Downloaded that and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the fast update
Old 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

George,

is there anyway that the entire window contents for the Loot Editor could be in one big scrollable pane so I can get to see the whole app? I have a limited vertical resolution of 768 pixels, so I can't see the bottom of the thing. I understand that you don't want the headache of the layout changing as the window resizes. I'm just thinking that with a pane that holds the whole layout being scrollable, and the main window being resizable, then those of us with limited screens could use your tools.

I have no idea if this is possible though.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

The app is 1250x770, so it should fit in x768
You may have large fonts on, or something like that - which scales the screen.

take a look at http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28640
GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

Thanks George. If I set the taskbar to autohide and drag the window up until the titlebar is almost gone I can see the horizontal scrollbar. A pain, but less pain than messing around in the DB.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:51 AM
trevius
Developer

GeorgeS,

I think I found a minor bug with the Spawn Group editor part of this tool. When I load of an NPC ID and find all of the spawn groups associated with it, everything looks fine. When I try to edit the NPC ID for any NPCs in those spawn groups and save it, it will save the NPC ID to the last spawn group in the list that it found for that NPC ID. So, if I find 5 spawn groups, and need to update the 3rd one in the list, it won't work. It just keeps updating and saving it to the last one in that list. It actually seems to be saving all of the information for that spawn group to the last one in the list, so I get multiple spawns at the same point each time I try to do it.

Lemme know if you need more information on this.

Last edited by trevius; 07-11-2009 at 11:56 AM..
Old 07-11-2009, 09:54 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
GeorgeS,

I think I found a minor bug with the Spawn Group editor part of this tool. When I load of an NPC ID and find all of the spawn groups associated with it, everything looks fine. When I try to edit the NPC ID for any NPCs in those spawn groups and save it, it will save the NPC ID to the last spawn group in the list that it found for that NPC ID. So, if I find 5 spawn groups, and need to update the 3rd one in the list, it won't work. It just keeps updating and saving it to the last one in that list. It actually seems to be saving all of the information for that spawn group to the last one in the list, so I get multiple spawns at the same point each time I try to do it.

I've encountered this too. I was walking through Emerald Jungle after I had edited the spawn groups for Forager and Hunter and noticed they were spawning 6-7 times each. I was like wtf?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:58 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
GeorgeS,

this sounds VERY similar to the error I had few revisions ago, but it seemed like George fixed it last time (if you scroll few post back you should see my report about this error)
Old 07-11-2009, 12:40 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I think that problem was discovered and fixed some time ago. Let me know if it still persists. I did some checking in the latest release and it should be resolved.

GeorgeS

Old 07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Trev, these are the details from my troubles from back then. See if it matches yours. But after George fixed it back then, It all worked fine again.

Quote:
George- BIG troubles

the spawn editor is screwed up

I have just made a tiny adjustment in npc respawn time and clicked SAVE
instead of saving adjustment for the spawn group i was editing is picked what seem to be a RANDOM spawn group from the same zone table and saved changes in there overwriting ALL entries in that group.

At first I could nto figure out what has happened when all spawns fro the group I was editing got DOUBLED spawns in game.
I went in, found duplicate group, deleted it.. and saved again

BOOM - another random spawn group has been overwriten with the values from spawn group I was editing - now half of my city guards are gone, and that group i was editing now has TRIPLE spawns in game.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:38 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I thought I had seen this issue reported before and thought it was resolved. I recently updated my NPC Editor version not long ago, but for some reason it seems like I am running one from a few revisions ago, so I am sure the problem is on my end. It may be that I updated it for my test server and not for the production one. I will get it updated and tested. If I don't reply saying there is still a problem, it is safe to assume that there isn't a problem with the latest version. Sorry about the bad report.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:45 AM
trevius
Developer

Odd, before I was running 08.22.01 and it was working fine. I installed the latest version (08.22.09) and registered the ocx, and when I try to search the zone for NPCs (any zone), it crashes with the following error:

Code:
Run-time error '3265':
Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.
I still have the 08.22.01 version installed and it still works fine, but the new one does not. I have the db.ini file setup the same as before as well.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Hi trevius

..your're missing the 'version' field there

..from Zeice's post
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28536

Hmm, yep I'm missing version number in npc_types. Strange because I went back to sql 612_instance_changes and the only npc_types change is

Code:
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `adventure_template_id` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `npc_faction_id`;
So I guess I need to do something like

Code:
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `version` INT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `slow_mitigation`;

I couldn't find any other recent sql changes that added version. I may just be missing it though. I'll give the above a try and see if it works.

*edit* Yep that did the trick.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
trevius
Developer

Ahh, I knew I had seen that discussed somewhere, but couldn't figure out which thread it was from. From everything I can find, the version field related to NPCs only goes into the Spawn2 table, not npc_types. Unless I am missing some SQL from somewhere. The one in npc_types is adventure_template_id. Did I miss an SQL update, cause I don't see one for it?
Old 07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Yeah, I see places in the Emu code looking for the version field in spawn2, but not in npc_types.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

Trevius, I couldn't find the update either. The sql that I put up above fixed my problem with the latest version though.