Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Default Merchant Temp Lists not working

My merchants aren't keeping any temp items. They show when you sell to them...but when close out and come back in...they're not there.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I thought the same for a while - the temp lists work fine, problem is, they are over loaded with crap. they need to get pruned out of all the garbage there.
I did already with my AX_CLASSIC DB, and it works great now. You can DL my DB and make the test, see if i'm right.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

What I mean by 'crap' is all the items that got caught up in the packets that were applied to the merchant lists, that really were not supposed to be there
Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

KLS and I were talking about this one day. You're 100% correct merchants all over are overloaded with crap. However, we've seen this same problem on merchants with little or no items. That leads us to believe that there is a (probably minor) code issue that is contributing to this. But I tend to agree, the quick and dirty solution is to clean off merchants, they need it anyway.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
KLS and I were talking about this one day. You're 100% correct merchants all over are overloaded with crap. However, we've seen this same problem on merchants with little or no items. That leads us to believe that there is a (probably minor) code issue that is contributing to this. But I tend to agree, the quick and dirty solution is to clean off merchants, they need it anyway.
I sent you an Email I'll do that for you if you want - can't offer you mine because I got custom stuff on vendors, yours probably changed anyways , But I will clean up yours.
I think the 'full' merchants interfere with the empty ones, maybe too big a cache of items or something. once I cleared mine, it seemed everything was OK and vendors I sold to, would retain items (but that's just me, one player on an empty test- server)
Old 09-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Ok, so you're saying that the vendor master list of items is too large? I can't even get a vendor selling only 5 things to retain any temp items. It looks like he did while still in the same vendor screen...but if I close it and click on him right away...they're gone.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreverent View Post
Ok, so you're saying that the vendor master list of items is too large? I can't even get a vendor selling only 5 things to retain any temp items. It looks like he did while still in the same vendor screen...but if I close it and click on him right away...they're gone.
I think the whole table needs to be cleaned out first - I had this problem and it went away when I cleaned out all the extra trash on all the merchants
I can sell stuff to merchants, then come back the next day, they still be there (unless I restart server)
Old 09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Congdar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
I think the whole table needs to be cleaned out first - I had this problem and it went away when I cleaned out all the extra trash on all the merchants
I can sell stuff to merchants, then come back the next day, they still be there (unless I restart server)
Cleaned out is... what? do you have a sql string? That would be awesome.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

So its a database problem? Drats, I made a brand new merchant with only a few static items on it...and still didn't work...guess I have another issue then.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:42 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

No, it isn't totally a DB problem as I said above. There does seem to be an issue in the code that contributes.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

I think it may be a combination of a few things . For example, when I delete unwanted items, the merchant keeps the same slot ids, so if he had 80 items and I delete the first 40, he keeps id 40-80 and when I sell him an item, next id is 81. Also, I noticed that most the npcs that lost their items were ones that shared the merchant list with other NPCs. But I think the biggest problem is the lists are too full and need pruning out. I can go in my game and the lower zone i try selling to merchants, the more they hold items. Since Gfay was my first zone I cleaned, all merchants I tried there, hold the items ( and do not share merchant lists). Since I mostly did this in original zones, places like PoK ( iI did not do anything there yet)will not hold items. The items are there in the temp table, just don't show on the vendor(in PoK). You can sell an arrow to the vendor see one arrow in the table then sell another and 2 arrows will show.
So I'm thinking the whole table needs to be cleaned. Before we look at anything else.
I don't have a special sql, I am running batches of sqls when I can ( I wished I would have saved them!) .
Anyway, this time I'm cleaning out all the merchant lists in all the zones.
Merchant lists are loaded into memory ( i think), so it also may be related to the loaded zone and allocated memory for the merchant items - by me lowering the amounts for a given zone, maybe shrinks within range it was intended for. But im talking BS now