Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:39 AM
steelrat
Sarnak

Unhappy Working faction, but no guards attacking :(

okies..I've been reading lots on these forums about faction etc.. and I have tried the how-to's by more knowledgeable than me, I DO have working faction in that when I kill a mob it reports my faction with several different mobs getting better/worse. What I now seek is info on how to get the guards on my server to attack opposing factions???, not even sure if this is possible?.
I'm using 6.0dr2, and apart from the guards issue, this is a marvellous Emu !.

Many thanks, any help is very, very welcome..

SR ServerOp Celtic Legends

Last edited by steelrat; 02-06-2005 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Adding some details..
Old 02-06-2005, 07:48 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

guards do not behave exactly like you might think..

see this thread. please report back if you figure out the exact proceedure... and we can build a tutorial out of it.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...6&page=2&pp=10
Old 02-06-2005, 10:48 AM
steelrat
Sarnak

Unhappy Yes, tried your tutorial.. alas, not working

Thanks for the help , I went through that post, and tried both tutorials, I can see the correlation between factions, yours being slightly easier to grasp BTW.. and I have set the factions accordingly, but the guards still remain irritatingly aloof . Sorry to be such a pain!!.
FYI, I have all the maps, and as far as I am aware the latest tables in the database, when I check LOS (using #bestz) I get the following :
Z is 0.000 or 0.000 at (164.397,309.662).. can't decipher that!!

SR.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:04 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Do you have the map files, and what does #checklos return?

Also, you said you "know the factions are correct" because you get faction hits when killing them. As of recent server releases, the faction hits no longer have anything to do with how NPC's perceive other NPC's. I don't know if the howto's you read pre-date this change, but there should be a fourth field in npc_faction_entries called `npc_value`. It is now the value in here -- not the faction hit -- that determines NPC to NPC interaction.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:21 AM
steelrat
Sarnak

Default Got the mapfiles...and

yes, I DL'd the maps from Rogeans site..(huge file) but got the lot
they're stuffed into a folder called maps in the eqemu dir. I have set npc_value to -1 (from fathernitwit's how-to)..
#checklos returns 'You have LOS to whateveryou'relookingat' and seems to work, when I move away I DO lose LOS.

thanks for this help!!!..

SR