Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:05 PM
Kensh
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Fact is the emulators dont work very well, most servers are down a lot or can handle a max of about 30 players, spells rarely work, most zones are quite wierd (non of pop works for example), if you've patched eq-live then the emulators wont work for you for several months, the emulators get broken again every time SOE patches
Taken from an actual post on that thread.

Apparently these people know a lot about emu's. They can indeed handle a max of 30 people, definately (WR's all time record on at one time was 244, that's close.)

Spells rarely work, except for the fact that ~70% of the spells already work that are in the DB. (Thou sometimes they may not give all the effects, that can be changed by coders.

Apparently none of the PoP expansion works, yet i see WR has a good bit of PoP maps spawned nicely, and they're adding more soon.

Then i guess the thing about it being broken every time SOE patches is semi true, thou only if they patch the "main" files. (Only reason DoN took so long to patch was because it was an entirely new EXPANSION, and not just an edit in a few values)

Yep, people on live surely do know a lot about emu, i wish i were as enlightened as them.
Old 05-28-2005, 03:17 PM
iamjooish
Banned

Default ..;

what that guy above me said :p

Earlier today, I had no idea what a private server was; I was searching google for ways to farm plat, make easy exp, twink up 10 level 70s in a day, you name it (for real $$$, no less). Then I stumbled unto this little gem. Now mind you, I am by no means giving up the idea of dishing out 120$+ to SOE monthly so that I quest, xp whore, raid, and show off my shiny gears with the best of 'em, but this has to be one of the better alternatives to playing (grinding) for months on end so that one can experience just a few moments of 'uber geek' content. Get all of the necessary epics in under 10 minutes, bring all of the fables back to the game, give players the option of playing EQ it's classic, retail-esque state,fix any number of glaring issues with the game that SOE refuses to fix (caster pets that scale with plvl, ffs!)... you f*cking name it. Basicly, the Live team has learned the hard way that they can not keep running their game the way microsoft handles it's windows line of products and still keep their customers loyal. And now they can't keep me loyal anymore, either... but they might bring me back if they take the necessary steps to compete.

As for emulators like these, it's just a half-assed legal prediction but I doubt they will ever be able to eradicate private servers/ off-line play entirely.. maybe drive it a little underground than it alreaedy is.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:20 PM
solid11
Discordant

Emu is nothing but a tiny tear drop in Sony's Atlantic Ocean sized profits. We're kinda like the old crazy drunk uncle in Sony's family. They know we are here, but pretends we're not. If you get what I mean hehe.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Thatguyfoo
Fire Beetle

ok i dont post much but ive been an avid eqemu fan since i found out about it o..i dunno 2 years ago? Anyway, i have played live for close to 4 years now and i think emu is a fabulous break from the humdrum life of normal eq. Only problem is its broken!! well for those of us that have patched to live anyway. So my 2 cents are anyone who thinks emu is a waste of their "precious" time needs to stuff it.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:45 PM
Oxalic
Sarnak

I see a clear line of division between EQemu and EverQuest live. While Eqemu does resemble EQ live, it's quickly becoming it's own entity with a surplus of custom content made by the players that loved the game, but thought it needed change. Look around the forum and you'll view the continual and ongoing change, custom items, custom races, custom spells, custom zones, custom everything.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Oxalic
Sarnak

As a matter of a fact, i read some of that thread. What they said made me feel an urge to reply, but i couldn't. The fact that they think we're killing there thousand upon thousand of player community, by creating our own community, a sperate entity, make me quite "mad and sad". The fact they think EqEmu is about cheating, and stealing, makes me invest in an invention to stab someone over the internet. The fact they think it's the same lame game, makes me cry. The fact they think people quit EQ to play a "replica" make me want to rant on and on.

*rant* *rant* *flame* *flame* *kill* *kill*
Old 06-12-2005, 07:19 AM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

^
^
^
^
^
Scares me

But honestly, most are clueless as to what goes on outside of their little world.

Last edited by Oscar; 06-12-2005 at 03:58 PM..