Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:30 AM
reketh
Fire Beetle

Default Getting kinda tired of...

...random PM's about backpatchers! :(

I will start posting here about the retards that just think they can send a PM and make me distribute warez. Putting up them as public posts might make em stop PMing me about it, so consider this a warning to everyone else that tries it.

Private Message: help...
03-13-2005, 03:31 PM
supersonic
Junior Member Join Date: Jan 2005

help...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have an Emu Compatable version of EQ that you wouldnt mind sending me the files i need to "back-patch"?

This is not a warez forum and I will certainly NOT distribute any copywrited material.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:49 AM
Oscar
Fire Beetle

Wow your so cool. Do you feel the need to dime the guy out because he made a mistake. You don't see me walking up to your mom and slapping the shit out of her for having you do ya.

People are going to ask for backpatches, but a simple "don't be an idiot in a PM would be enough for them to leave you alone, or hell, just ignore them.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:50 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Asking for backpatches in a PM is just as bannable as asking for them publicly. He's free to report them to mods as he sees fit, and I would think it's courteous of him to warn it's gonna happen before he starts reporting them.

FYI tho, please don't post every PM publicly here. That in itself may be against rules too, and at the very least it would be annoying. Your mods are: Doodman, Mattmeck, Fathernitwit, Cisyouc. PM one of them if you have a problem with something stated to you in a PM.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:23 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar
Wow your so cool. Do you feel the need to dime the guy out because he made a mistake. You don't see me walking up to your mom and slapping the shit out of her for having you do ya.

People are going to ask for backpatches, but a simple "don't be an idiot in a PM would be enough for them to leave you alone, or hell, just ignore them.
-No Flameing / bashing / Trolling

-These are the rules regardless of what position you hold in the community, Violations of these rules will result in your post being deleted, and a warning PM sent. We WILL ban for multiple offences.

-If you have an issue with someones post or responce, do NOT tell them its against the rules or flame them back, PM me with a link to the thread and I will handle it. ---no more back seat moderation please

from MY rules thread

No Flames/Attacks
-Attack the point, not the poster. Flaming/Bashing/Trolling/Shitcockery is not allowed. Directly Flaming/Insulting a forum user will result in a Warning, or Ban depending on Severity and how evil the moderator is feeling.

Your local Forum Administrator is Mattmeck. You may PM Him if you have any concerns related to the Forums or other users. If you have an issue that you don't want to share with Mattmeck, you may PM Me or Doodman.

from Rogeans rules thread
Old 06-25-2005, 03:34 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

That said, thread locked.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Closed Thread