Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Woodlife Treestrider
Banned

Default In-game music

I would like to know what everyone prefers for in-game music. Please be as detailed as possible. Im asking because we are making new music for our server and would like to know what type of music everyone likes. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Sarepean
Discordant

80's. 80's are good.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Something Wagnerian :P
Old 06-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Vasker88
Sarnak

Music really dont matter to me on a server, I ALT+K anyway.

Music dont make a server.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:58 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Don't listen to Vasker88. Music works wonders for adding to the mood of whatever environment you're trying to create.

Just make some music that works for the environment of that specific zone -- or even area within the zone. The carefreeness of the Kelethin theme suited the zone well. The "busy" tempo of the Ak`Anon theme suited their factory-town well. The mysterious tone of the Abysmal Sea theme (that's the large-ship zone of the GoD expansion) reinforces that your little boat (when boats worked) found a small haven of rest surrounded by torrential sea. And who can forget the relaxing sailing song of the old EQ boats. I like 80's music as much as the next poster -- but unless you're building an 80's-style MMORPG having that genre as the vendor-supplied music isn't appropriate.

I actually do allow the zone music to play as I run by many times. If I'm gonna be in the same zone for a while grinding, then I'll load up on the MP3 playlist, but when I'm going hither to thither, I like to hear the music reinforce the scenery as I pass.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:40 AM
steelrat
Sarnak

Default If music be...

If music be the food of love....
then ROCK is great for smacking Gnolls heads in!

SR
Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 AM
Hellefire
Fire Beetle

Hm. Yeah, depends on the 'mood' of the zone.

As far as genres in general, I Love rock (mainly classic), 80s, metal, goth. A little country here and there when I'm in just the right mood.

Aaron
Old 07-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Pattos
Fire Beetle

Default depends

what server is that?
and it really depends on the zone...
royal zones like felwithe,erudin palace should have some sort of traditional music, and you should put silent, sorrow music for places like unrest,befallen as for the undead.

wish my fav. type of music would've suited SOME zone at least... cause i like trance and house lol... don't think there is any zone in EQ that goes well with that... :(

maybe some sort of happy, chearfull music for place like Plane of growth, kelethin, and karana?
Old 07-08-2005, 06:34 AM
mrea
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattos
wish my fav. type of music would've suited SOME zone at least... cause i like trance and house lol... don't think there is any zone in EQ that goes well with that... :(
Grieg's End? :-p