Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Jave
Fire Beetle

Default Hey all!

I am obviously new here, however, I am exicted to finally find this. I awalys thought this was a great idea, and was wondering why no one ever did it. Looks like I was wrong!

Being a good "poster", I have been reading the forums all day to get an idea of things before I ask questions. But it seems as if this is a haven for developers, and ya all have your own language. I found it diffucult to wade through all of the coding talk to filter out the real answers to my questions. So if someone could translate for me, I would be thankfull.

1. I understand the concepts. Take EQ, someone puts it on their own personnal server, and allows others to play. Good there I think.
2. I saw the direction for how to set it up. Again, very well written and easy to follow. BUT. If I understand correctly, if I was to attempt this right now(DO NOT PATCH ON 9/13 OR LATER - 9/13 EQ Patch Breaks 0.6.2 (Which we are freezing on)), I would just have to wait untill this is fixed. Am I correct here?
3. I didn't see any server forums listed. Where is the forums for the people who want to discuss specific servers? For instance, this appears to be general forums for the entire EQEmulator. I believe that is why the majority of posts pertain to coding, and development etc.....Are they any guilds? Where are those sites?
BTW, I DID use the FAQ, however, may I suggest setting up an FAQ that lists the top 25 or so questions, and then answers them. Just clicking on the FAQ that takes you to a search feature only works if you ask the EXACT questions that posts exists for.

Thanks all, glad to be here. At least untill Vanguard is released!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

1. Yep
2. http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...otPatchWarning
3. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=601

I can't wait for Vanguard either
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Jave
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the quick reply Cisyouc! Looking forward to being a NooB again! This looks like alot of fun.
Old 11-05-2005, 05:26 AM
Kambic
Sarnak

Unfortunately, do to the nature of the projects, information quickly becomes out of date around here. I think that propounds the problem of newbies finally learning the ropes around here.