Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:41 PM
pepsi_cola
Sarnak

Talking How do you figure the loc?

Ok, here is a good one. This is in regards to the #loc command and the x y z heading values in the spawn2 table. If I want to manually change the location of a npc in the spawn2 table, how in the world do I convert the value returned from the #loc command to the x y z heading values that I need to edit in the spawn2 table.

For example when I do a #loc on an npc, I get -115.2, -36.7, 18.2; heading=83.5, but in the spawn2 table its listed as -131.000000, -33.000000, 14.750000; heading=1200.000000.

Is there like a program or something that can do the conversion?

Last edited by pepsi_cola; 05-10-2006 at 05:08 AM..
Old 05-10-2006, 01:44 AM
Elysius
Sarnak

There's no conversion... You're doing something wrong.

Are you sure you have the mob targeted and not yourself when you do the #loc? Are you 100% sure you're looking at the right spawn point in your database?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:55 AM
pepsi_cola
Sarnak

Talking

Yes, I am very sure. I know because its a pain to create a mob by inserting a dummy mob, then using #spawnfix to relocate them, then going back out to the database and editing the info. It would be easier if I could do it all in the database.

My guess is that the information listed in the database and that from the #loc command uses two different coordinate systems. One coordinate system used by the cartography (map) and the other one, who knows where it's derived from.

Try it out and see. Load a zone and target a mob and use #loc command. Then check the spawn2 table for that mob, and look at the x y z heading information, and compare the two.

Last edited by pepsi_cola; 05-10-2006 at 10:02 AM..