Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

Default How do I update PEQ?

I've got the game running with EQEmuServerPack-3.52, however it appears to have an outdated PEQ. I have downloaded the most recent one, but do not know how to recompile the game with the new one. Any help would be awesome.

Also, does the new PEQ fix the bug where death causes you to get disconnected, or is there something else I need to do to resolve that?
Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 AM
Magefeu
Sarnak

Hello,

You have a changelog.txt file that comes with your updated version. Just apply every single mysql code that lies within that file starting after version 0.7.0.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 AM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

PEQ-luclin-rc1 didn't come with a changelog.. it comes with 4 files. All 4 are sql files. It came with drop_system.sql, drop_user.sql, load_empty_users.sql, and load_system.sql.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:41 AM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

I figured out how to use the query tool in LCC to run some of the SQL files (to clear the tables etc..), but the main 100meg sql dbase file is too large for LCC and it crashes LCC. There has to be a simple mysql command that would allow me to install it.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:19 AM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

I found the mysql command (\.) to insert the new sql tables etc... All of that went well, also updated to the most recent version of 0.7.0 and did all of the additional query's as requested. I have one remaining problem... Everything worked prior to doing the two things above... now it seems to loop on the startup screen.

it keeps repeating the following in the eqlaunch.exe window:

[Debug] [NET_WORLD] Connected to World: 127.0.0.1:9000

If I attempt to log in, I can get to the login screen, but then when it goes to list the minilogin servers, there are none visible.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:20 AM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

nobody has any suggestions? =(
Old 09-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Magefeu
Sarnak

Your world seems booting in loop. I have no clue on how to solve this. But if your goal is to play on luclin I think that you should just use the cavedude with a 0.7.0-845 update as lunclin RC1 is older that 0.7.0-845.

It should solve your problems.
Old 09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

I thought the Luclin RC-1 came out more recently. From what I was reading, the last patch that the Cavedude Server Pack 3.52 was from sometime in mid April, so I assumed the Luclin PEQ that came with it was also outdated.

If what you're saying is true, I'll wipe the DB and reinstall with the Cavedude Server Pack 3.52. then update to 0.7.0-845 of EQEmu.

Last edited by maverick3n1; 09-06-2006 at 01:18 AM..
Old 09-05-2006, 05:29 PM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Eh, I resourced with the July (17, I think) PEQ database. It worked well, except for a few things that I have found. First, kunark goblin faction was obliterated to where the only hit you take is goblins of mountain death (big ouch for firiona vie and sarnak lovers). Second, to play EQ with the PEQ database, you will need to apply the SQL file after redoing the database:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
This is likely due to the date of the database. If you source it from scratch, you'll probably have to apply more--look in the "logs" section of the source code downloads on this website, and look at all of the SQL queries that you were required to make since the date your database was posted for download. I merely resourced my database. I found the resourcing to be 95% worth it. It also removed the zone-in loop from akheva to dawnshroud and replaced it with a proper zone.

To fix that outdated PEQ, you're going to need to follow the sourcing directions and whatnot given within the download from the PEQ website. If you can't get that 100mb critter to source, then you'll probably need to split it up into two files or something, which you might be able to do if you split it carefully. Mine sourced fine through importing with SQLYog (free), although it did take a really long time to complete.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:39 AM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

There weren't any directions included with the PEQ files I downloaded from the official site. I just ran the 2 sql files that wiped the tables first, and then ran the users file and the system file afterwards, using the actual mysql command prompt (\. load_system.sql). It reprocessed the dbase. Then I installed all of the updates from here that came out after the version of cavedude I had installed.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:30 PM
InsaneWallaby
Sarnak

Sorry, my bad. They were on the website right beneath the download on the "Installing and Upgrading" section. Here reads the text:

Quote:
we have moved to a better distribution system which should prove to be more friendly. The release contails the following files:
drop_system.sql - Drops all PEQ released tables so the DB can be loaded successfully.
drop_users.sql - Drops all user-specific (non PEQ) tables. Not normally used.
load_empty_users.sql - Loads new empty tables for all user-specific data. Only used on fresh installs.
load_system.sql - Loads the PEQ database. This is the meat of the release.

An upgrade from an earlier version would consist of:
- Ensuring that your current database is up to date with the version of eqemu you want to use.
- sourcing in drop_system.sql
- sourcing in load_system.sql
NOTE: this upgrade will destroy any customizations to the world (not chars or accounts)

A fresh install would consiste of sourcing in both load files.
There ye have it, even down to the e in consist. Sourcing, which it sounds like you know how to do, is just running all of the lines in the SQL files that you will use, so that shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

Last edited by InsaneWallaby; 09-06-2006 at 11:34 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 05:35 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

ALL SQL to get from 0.7.0 to 0.7.0.840

ALTER TABLE spawnentry DROP spawn_limit;
ALTER TABLE spawngroup ADD spawn_limit tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';
ALTER TABLE altadv_vars ADD class_type int unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE spawn2 CHANGE `condition` `_condition` MEDIUMINT( UNSIGNED NOT
NULL DEFAULT '0';
alter table account DROP packencrypt;
alter table character_ change extprofile extprofile blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses change data data blob NULL;
alter table player_corpses_backup change data data blob NULL;
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `hp_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `hp_regen_rate` = '-1';
UPDATE `npc_types` SET `mana_regen_rate` = '0' WHERE `mana_regen_rate` = '-1';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `hp_regen_rate` `hp_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` CHANGE `mana_regen_rate` `mana_regen_rate` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `account` ADD `rulesflag` TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` DROP walkspeed;
ALTER TABLE `traps` ADD `message` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL AFTER `effectvalue2` ;
CREATE TABLE rule_sets (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL auto_increment, name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id));
INSERT INTO rule_sets VALUES(0, "default");
UPDATE rule_sets SET ruleset_id=0;
CREATE TABLE rule_values (ruleset_id TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, rule_name VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, rule_value VARCHAR(10) NOT NULL, INDEX(ruleset_id), PRIMARY KEY(ruleset_id,rule_name));

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//