Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:11 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Default Windows - Current Logins

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but a few people are telling me this happens on other servers than mine. On a Win32 based server, when players logout (I am unsure if it is completely, or to character select only), they get "hung" in game and appear to still be logged in.

Last night, I almost pooped my Depends when I saw 42 players logged into the Abyss. When I started poking around, it appeared more than 3/4 of them were actually camped, offline. The EQEmu Management webpage for Players showed about 15 entries for one account that was No Zone, just dead hanging there. The only way to resolve it was to restart the server. Also, the telnet console showed them as actively connected, though there was no one there.

This is only when I run the server on a Windows system. My Linux FC4 does not have this behavior, at least not that I have seen so far. Not super critical, but for those of us trying to evaluate if a server is popular or not, this leaves some question. It appears to also effect the players logged in at the Loginserver screen, too.

-J
Old 08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

It happens on Grand Creation, too which is gentoo. Though in my case a reboot isn't required, eventually the toons will all time out and become officially booted. I have had a few people tell me over the past year that they couldn't log on because of this, sometimes even for a few hours.