Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Lupinedreams
Fire Beetle

Default Account creation issue

So I followed Techguy84's guide of server setup. Even though I have no prior experience with SQL everything goes smoothly. I get the server up and running, everything is gravy right up until someone tries to actually connect. I tinker, I spend time browsing the forums, even found someone else with what I thought was a similar problem. Their fix didn't seem to help me and their post was from a couple months ago, so I trudge on. Techguy himself seems to have his inbox full too the point of being unable to receive messages, so I've dragged myself in to finally ask help from the community at large in the hopes of finally being able to run a server for everyone to enjoy!

The issue seems to occur when the server tries to create a new account. From what I can see the issue seems to be with the values for minilogin in the account creation function. Someone else seemed to have this problem, and set their default minilogin ip to 0. I tried that and it had no effect.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

[Debug] [WORLD_CLIENT] New client from 192.168.2.4:4459
Account Attempting to be created: qwertylicious 0
Error in CreateAccount query'INSERT INTO accountSET name='qwertylicious',status=0,lsaccountid=110177;' #1364: Field 'minilogin_ip' doesn't have a default value
[Debug] [WORLD_CLIENTLIST_ERR] Error adding local acount for LS login:'qwertylicious', duplicate name?
[Debug] [WORLD_CLIENT_ERR] NOCLE: Bad/Expired session key '110177'
Old 05-28-2008, 11:50 PM
trevius
Developer

You said you are making a server for everyone to enjoy, but you are setting it up for minilogin? Mainly, minilogin setup is for LAN play or playing on the same PC as the server. I am sure there are ways to use them outside of the LAN, but it is more complex. I also think that you have to create all accounts for anyone you want to allow to play on your server. At least that is how it was last time I tried minilogin.

You might want to look into making just a normal public server, which is very simple to do and will all "everyone to enjoy" vs just a select few. The wiki for public servers is here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ka=ws992mysql5

If you need more mini login help, you should post your config files and remove ALL passwords from them before posting of course. And let the mini login experts try to lend a hand, as I don't know much about the mini login.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 AM
Lupinedreams
Fire Beetle

That's just it, it isn't set up for minilogin, it's set up for public access. The guide you linked is the guide I followed. When I get home from work I'll just wipe it and reinstall everything, see if that helps.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Lupinedreams
Fire Beetle

Default Sucess

Alright, I fixed it myself, I'm really not sure what the problem was the first time, but completely wiping everything and reinstalling seems to have fixed it. The Maiden's Fancy is open for business! Now to get to the business of messing about now that the server is operational