Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 08-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Semphris
Fire Beetle

Default Config issues (maybe database too)

Hi folks. I'm new here. Having problems playing on the same computer as the server. I loaded the following:
Eqemu-0.7.0.1120
PEQServerPack-4.0-1110a.exe
PEQServerPack-Maps-4.0-1110a.exe

Before setting up for othe computers connecting I ran it all with the 'mini' account that the PEQ exe sets up. I have to log in twice to get the client running (hangs at the login). It works on the second login. Then I got rid of the mini account, set up another local account and one remote. I changed what I thought to be the correct config (below) and now it doesn't let me enter the world. I can login locally(the remote has no problems) but couldn't connect to the world server. The one time we both got on to the world at the same time (I made no changes to anything), I quit on the local machine and the world cmd window showed the remote computer disconnecting (he was still on?!). Anyhoo, my local account doesn't always work. Oh, the first character I created is gone too. No idea why. Its not in the database table and yet I can't reuse the name.

Well, lets start with the configurations and see where that takes us.

the xml file:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>minilogin</shortname>
<longname>Demeter's World</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>192.168.0.150</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>eq</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

the loginserver.ini

###Your current configuration is as follows:

loginserver.ini:
[LoginServer]
loginserver=127.0.0.1
loginserver2=192.168.0.150
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Demeter
worldaddress=127.0.0.1
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]

worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=Minilogin
ServerPort=5999

Whats the verdict?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:42 AM
trevius
Developer

I don't know much about mini login, but have you verified you can connect to public servers by setting your eqhost.txt to port 5998? If you have similar problems connecting to public servers, you might want to check out this post.

If you run a Dual or Quad Core CPU or run Windows Vista:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

Otherwise, if you are planning to run minilogin, you might want to check the minilogin section of the forums for solutions.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Semphris
Fire Beetle

Hmm. Haven't tried the public servers. And yes I'm on a dual core so but when trying to set the affinity it tells me "access denied". funny, I'm on an admin account.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Semphris
Fire Beetle

Okay I cheated the affinity and have that set

I tried running it again and I noticed in the world window that it says "ID is 0. Is this server connected to minilogin?" my ID should be 2. What happens if you delete ID 1 from the database?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

127.0.0.1 should be used as least as possible. If I connect to your machine as a server, and it (your server) sends me to 127.0.0.1 or 'localhost', my machine will see it as a localhost request to itself. 'localhost' means 'my own machine' (127.0.0.1).

Look through my recent posts and you might find a better answer to this, as it has come up a few times within the last few days.

You can use localhost(127.0.0.1) for your database and probably should, as the MySql installs to 'soft' security for localhost (or 127.0.0.1).
If you noticed, you can't log in to your MySql database from the LAN as root (on 127.0.0.1) for the same reason. 127.0.0.1 is intended for a bit of security to you PC.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Semphris
Fire Beetle

Almost there. Apparently when I was installing everything I completely screwed the Pooch. I was installing eqemu as will as the server pack with and without the maps. I deleted everything and loaded the serverpack with maps and then got the update. Logged in first time, created an iksar warrior, hailed the warrior trainer standing next to me and then the client crashed...

I wonder if I should remove and reinstall the client...(titanium by the way).. what do ya think?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:59 AM
trevius
Developer

You might still have a dual core issue. You may want to try some of the other solutions on the list in the post I linked. Try playing on another server and see if you can stay connected for a while without any issues. If it works fine on other servers, but not your own, then you know the issue is on your server.