Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:16 PM
merb
Sarnak

Unhappy NPC Loot Problems

This is a recent problem I've encountered while placing loot on NPCs after upgrading my database and redoing zones...

When I add loot to an NPC (using the new GeorgeS NPC loot editor) AND save it, I reboot my server to get the custom loot updated and placed on the NPC. That part works fine.

However, when I enter the zone, all the NPCs are spawned in the places I put them and everything seems normal, however the NpcID shows up as 0 and the NPC has no loot. After doing a #repop, the NpcID changes to what it should be and the NPC has a loottable with correct loot.

I was just wondering if it'd be possible to solve that problem without the use of another NPC with a quest to repop the zone.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 AM
trevius
Developer

I have never seen this issue and I use GeorgeS tools all of the time. I don't even know how it is possible for an npc to have an NPCID of 0. What command are you using? #npcstats?
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
merb
Sarnak

I am using the newest version of the editing tool...

When I do #npcstats, I get an NpcID of 0, when I do #showstats, I get the regular ID, but the NPC still doesn't have a loot table. Upon doing a #repop, the NPC has the same ID from #showstats when I do #npcstats and it also has a loot table.

To add on to this little problem, no matter what I set the respawn time to (for example, I have many mobs in North Qeynos set to 5 minutes), when the mob is killed, it will not respawn. I've waited up to 1 hour for a 5 minute mob to respawn an nothing has happened. When I checked the table for "timeleft", it said something absurd, a really high number. At first I thought it was milliseconds, but it went down very slowly. If I can, I'll try to get some screenshots of the problems so you can get a better look at what's going on.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
merb
Sarnak

Sorry for the double post!

The loot problem has been fixed but the absurd timers are still coming up after a mob with a 300 second (5mins) timer is killed. It goes to about 30000 or 90000 seconds. Aside from that, if the NPC is supposed to path to somewhere, until I #repop, they won't move.