Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 AM
talondir
Fire Beetle

Default Paying.

Hi there, I am currently serving in afghanistan. Me and my buddies are intrested in setting up our own eq private server, running off whichever versions you can run them off of (as in expansions) We don't have the means of downloading effectivly here as the internet is extremely slow,

Im looking for somone who can set us up with everything we need to play on a LAN network,
all the insructions on how to set it up, the full game, and everything ill need to get it working here.

I am willing to pay of course, for you're time and work. send an e-mail to michaelsconn@gmail.com if you're instrested in making a little money! (need to have paypal so i can send payment.)

Once you e-mail me, ill give you more information, as well as take you're estimate on pay.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by talondir View Post
Hi there, I am currently serving in afghanistan. Me and my buddies are intrested in setting up our own eq private server, running off whichever versions you can run them off of (as in expansions) We don't have the means of downloading effectivly here as the internet is extremely slow,
Im looking for somone who can set us up with everything we need to play on a LAN network,
all the insructions on how to set it up, the full game, and everything ill need to get it working here.
I am willing to pay of course, for you're time and work. send an e-mail to michaelsconn@gmail.com if you're instrested in making a little money! (need to have paypal so i can send payment.)
Once you e-mail me, ill give you more information, as well as take you're estimate on pay.
Thanks!
You don't need to pay anyone - this is free, open source! right everybody? PM me your address, and I'll make/mail you a DVD with everything you need for your LAN game.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:32 PM
mattmeck
Fire Beetle

Default Mailing over sea's

Remember to package it up as heat / cold / weather resistant as you can, mail heading over there can sit outside for days (at the airport, at the smaller "post stops" etc.

I saw many a warped and ruined cd/dvd from people trying t send over there.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 PM
talondir
Fire Beetle

Thanks so much Angelox, i sent you a PM!
yeah lol, ive heard packages can sit at bagram on the airstrip for a pretty good while
Old 06-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Before I start prepping you something to send; what I understand is, you have a slow connection and need all the big stuff sent to you?
I hope you're not expecting an "install disk", cause I'm not that good. Bottom line here is, you need to have a good understanding of MySQL, LAN Networks and have read the forums/help so as to make all of it come together.
I can help you, but i can't do everything (and this is not a normal windows install procedure).
Everything you need to know, any possible mistake you could make, anything at all that goes wrong, has already been discussed/ solved in these forums. But like i said, I'll help you out - but don't expect it all to be in what I send you.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:42 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Angelox, you can use my Repack which is all the game server stuff ready to play (Minilogin) if it'll help. I can PM you a link to d/l it. The client stuff is another deal (at 3gb+ rar'd!)
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
trevius
Developer

Can't share the client legally anyway, so you shouldn't worry about that. I am sure they can get their own copy.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 PM
trevius
Developer

Can't share the client legally anyway, so you shouldn't worry about that. I am sure they can get their own copy.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
talondir
Fire Beetle

I have a good understanding of networking.... but am weak with MySQL database... and as far as getting our own copy... like i said, i have a sony account that has all the games (original with all new expansions) enabled, if you can download it and burn it... a repack would be great, those are simply (ive got a WoW server as I said, i use AC Ultimate repack) I should be able to get it working with decent instructions, how much defferent is it than setting up a WoW server?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by talondir View Post
I have a good understanding of networking.... but am weak with MySQL database... and as far as getting our own copy... like i said, i have a sony account that has all the games (original with all new expansions) enabled, if you can download it and burn it... a repack would be great, those are simply (ive got a WoW server as I said, i use AC Ultimate repack) I should be able to get it working with decent instructions, how much defferent is it than setting up a WoW server?
I would also Highly recommend Johns Repack, very easy to use and yes very similar to the WOW repacks.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:32 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Actually, I stupidly posted instead of PM'd that message to Angelox heh. Then the site went tits up non-responsive and I couldn't edit.

I doubt Angelox will use anything I created anyway. He's a do-it-yerself kinda guy.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
talondir
Fire Beetle

well, whichever we'll be happy as long as we can play lol... been awhile since i made a newb and killed kobolds for hours. ahahaa.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:58 AM
talondir
Fire Beetle

Hey there, just curious to know how it was coming
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 AM
warsonofrage
Fire Beetle

curious to know how this went would love to help out here but only so much i can do. if you guys are still niccin for eq pm me i can try to help out some