Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Roachzilla
Fire Beetle

Default Sql assistance please

I am trying to tweak my server a little bit, but cannot get access to the databases. I have tried using navicat, and the query browser for mysql, but get the following error.....

MySQL Error Number 1130
Host '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

I have looked on both the SQL site, and the wiki/forums here. I have seen other error messages discussed, and have tried the solutions offer there, but to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try? Or should I just be satisfied with what I have, as everything else works just fine?
Old 10-14-2008, 12:32 AM
AndMetal
Developer

It sounds like you're trying to connect from a different computer (other than localhost) and the permissions of the MySQL server aren't setup to allow that. I can't remember the command, but search the MySQL website for "database permissions" and it should point you in the right direction.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 AM
trevius
Developer

If you read the Wiki that AndMetal and I wrote for Debian Linux Servers, you will see a section called "Adding MySQL Account for Remote Administration". I think that should explain exactly what you need to do even for Windows.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...LRemoteAccount

If you are running a Windows server, you may also need to go through the configuration wizard for MySQL again and make sure you selected to enable remote access to it.

If you aren't trying to access the server from another PC, then you can just ignore this, because you have some other issue lol.

Last edited by trevius; 10-14-2008 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Roachzilla
Fire Beetle

It is another issue, since I'm using the same comp for server setup, and login(it is more than powerful enough to do both, many times over). I thought it might have been the port not going through windows firewall, but even allowing that through hasn't produced any result.

Meanwhile, I'm going to work on it again in a few days. If that fails, I should be able to come up with a quick-fix program to do what I need. Might take a week or better, but hey, most of my family(wife, 2 of the 3 kids) are heading to the NC coast for 2 weeks, so I should have plenty of time.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Roachzilla
Fire Beetle

Update.......

I didn't have to script a new program(thank goodness) to edit the database, but found a way to do it without any 3rd party programs at all. I have a new thread on it, but if it's not appropriate, I apologize, and will respectfully submit the thread for deletion.