Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Default Problems From Outside Connections

I know this has been posted a million times, and answered with open your ports about another million times; but im having extrenuous issues

Im running the newest PEQ Build on

Vista 32 bit
Q6600 Intel Core2 Duo Quad Core

Now the issue is:
I am able to log in from an internal IP address... or any computer on my home network; outsiders are not able...at this point i would assume its ports BUT

I have all ports open and i got nothing; my cousin was trying to connect from another state, and about once ever 1-2 hrs he could get as far as logging in; but is immediatly disconnected.

To try to fix this problem without having him log in, i decided to use my laptop while tethering my Cell phone (So i could get an outside IP to test with)

I Left ALL PORTS and FIREWALLS the same; all i did was reload a FRESH PEQ Build ON 5.0 MYSQL

Laptop was then able to connect, and i was able to see both chars with both computers.... Logged laptop off, cousin tries to connect WITH ABSOLUTLY NO CHANGES OTHER THAN 5 new NPCS in Tutorial... It once again denies outsiders.... I DO NOT recieve errors on "world" or "zone" and i have read all logs with no issues

Im trying from my college right now and its denying me as well...so im not sure what exactly is going on

The only error i see is "client disconnected - was not active" something along those lines

The only thing i can imagine that is going wrong is something that is floating, and only blocking stuff every-so-offen; been troubleshooting for about a day strait and have yet to be succesfull

Any and All Help Appreciated!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
trevius
Developer

OPEN YOUR PORTS!!

JK... lol! Those both sound like common issues. They are both answered in the FAQ in my sig. The first one sounds like your friend is having an issue of his own (not your server's fault), and his issue is probably that he is running a Dual/Quad Core CPU. There are suggestions to fix that in the FAQ. And, the issue you are having from College is completely different (again, not your server's fault), and it too is answered in the FAQ. Most likely your college has a Proxy on it's network that blocks certain ports from being used. It is very common that they block the needed port to play EQEmu, port 5998.

There is one quick way to verify if the problem is server or client. Have the client try multiple servers and if they can connect to all of them accept yours, then most likely the problem is your server. But, if they can't connect to any of them, then the problem is with them.

The only client connection you have had so far that wasn't having it's own client issue was when you connected your laptop via cell phone lol.

In other words, your server is working fine. Tell your friend to fix his stuff

Last edited by trevius; 11-20-2008 at 12:43 AM..
Old 11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
mplayer254
Sarnak

Haha, Trevius, your avatar is awesome! Have you seen Bender's Game? It's stinkin' hilarious! Anyway, don't mean to distract anyone from the thread.
Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Thanks for the suggestions; you wouldnt believe the cure >.<

a simple router reset Lol, apparently it couldnt handle all the new port openings without being reset =)

Every so offen, someone will log in from the char screen and get <server not responding>...but thats the only issue now =)