Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
merb
Sarnak

Default CVS help

So I'm trying to update my server by reinstalling it using the newest guide. The guide says to run this command:

Code:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@eqemuquests.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemuquests co peq_quests
So I cd\ to the PEQ-Quests folder (in a folder on my desktop) and run that command, but the command prompt says this:

Code:
'cvs' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
I know its silly to have problems so early in the guide, but it happened. Also, yes, I did install CVS and use all defaults during the install.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
calasoren
Fire Beetle

you might need to add your cvs directory to your path. Also make sure you installed cvsnt need that for cvs commands.

An easier method if you dont like the command prompt is just download and install wincvs with cvsnt it comes right with the package just make sure you keep it selected it should be default on. Then when installed just load up wincvs, Click Remote, Checkout Module. In Local folder to checkout to: put in the directory you want it to go into it will create the directory so dont worry. Then just pick your CVSROOT: for the eqemuquests you were trying to do its close to the same command just put in :pserver:anonymous@eqemuquests.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemuquests

click ok and let it run the do the same thing for the other directory for the peq_db.