Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:55 AM
Jexl
Fire Beetle

Default Skills

Hi,

I have someone playing a bard on my server, and is currently the only one experiencing this. It seems that he is getting skill ups higher than the skill cap. When he looks at his skills in character view - they show they are maxed out. However, he goes to the Bard Guildmaster - and he shows a higher skill, that is past the cap...

Here are his details...

"It seems as though the window which displays skill levels and the skill level according to the Class trainers do not always match. Specifically 2 of my skill are displaying this behavior. Dodge and Hide are showing in red as 125 and 40 respectively in the Skills window, but they are 137 and 50 in the Bard Guildmaster skill windows.

I noticed the difference when I continued to get skill up when hide remained 40 in the skills window.

-I confirmed today that the bug still exists. It seems as though the under Lv 50 skill cap is being ignored by the skill ups (including the GM skill window), but not by the skills (PC's) window."

Please let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks,
Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

from the little i knwo about this, the skill usualy appears in RED when you have an actual skill HIGHER than what is set max skill for given level.

This is how it may happen.

Lets presume skill HIDE has a cap of 50 at lev 50, but at lev 51 the cap is set to 40, which will result in number be shown in red.

these however are just my speciluation as I have ot yet fully investigated this issue, but usualy it is a result of skill cap inconsistancy from 1 level to the next
Old 04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Killeverything
Fire Beetle

I am seeing something like this problem but what I am see is all my skills are ether 0 or 20 and I am 73 so my attack is only showing 530
but when I go to the GM it is showing the right amount.....I have looked into the skills table and it has skills up to level 75..

how can I fixes this ???
Old 04-21-2009, 03:27 PM
realityincarnate
Developer

I had noticed this at well with a couple of bard skills. I believe it also happens with dual wield at higher levels. The reason is that the skill caps in the database are set higher than the client's skill caps. The server continues to allow skill ups until its cap, but the client displays them at the cap it has.

The upper level caps for the skills in the database seem to match what I've seen at other sources, so it could be one of two things: 1.) either the skill caps used to populate the database at intermediate levels aren't quite right, or 2.) the caps were raised on Live sometime after Titanium was released and those values were used in the database.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:23 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeverything View Post
I am seeing something like this problem but what I am see is all my skills are ether 0 or 20 and I am 73 so my attack is only showing 530
but when I go to the GM it is showing the right amount.....I have looked into the skills table and it has skills up to level 75..

how can I fixes this ???
This is an issue with the Titanium client. It is only made to support up to level 70. Anything over 70 causes almost all skills to appear to roll back to 0, even though they actually still work fine (because actual skills results are all handled server-side). The main problem with this is that it also causes skill related stats like AC and ATK to show up incorrectly.

This is no longer an issue in the SoF client.

The original issue reported in this thread is probably due to our skills table not matching up with what the client uses for skill caps of certain classes like realityincarnate said.