Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Valaton
Fire Beetle

Default Just some questions! Hey!

Hi. I'm currently being tortured. This unfortunately prevents me from reading well and keeping my personal brain processor from restarting very often.

Is there anyway someone could tell me; (1.) If it is possible for me to create an old world everquest server (At a difficulty level of download and install) and (2.) How to install an old world everquest server (At a difficulty level of download and install)
Old 05-31-2009, 04:34 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valaton View Post
Hi. I'm currently being tortured. This unfortunately prevents me from reading well and keeping my personal brain processor from restarting very often.

Is there anyway someone could tell me; (1.) If it is possible for me to create an old world everquest server (At a difficulty level of download and install) and (2.) How to install an old world everquest server (At a difficulty level of download and install)
This thread here would be about your best option, not sure how classic you wanna get though, but its a good start.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Valaton
Fire Beetle

Eq classic to velious, is what server I am looking to make. I want to make it on my computer. I have two computers that can run EQ classic. I want to have the files to make my own server. (Offline.) Save them to a golden CD. Make a million copies and throw them in a safe.

There are several EQ emu sites that are fakes. I will read that link you gave me but it is hard for me to read due to the torture. My personal brain cpu overheats a lot because artificial noises are made while I read and my mouse moves around and my neighbors literally purposefully stomp on my ceiling. But that doesnt mean I wont read it. Just letting you know that i'm not, not interested in your link.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Are you a Terrorist?

Laptops for Terrorism Suspects:
http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...s-computer-lab

On a more serious note; You will not be able to use the CDs from EQClassic to play EQEmu with. Only EQ Titanium or Secrets of Faydwer work with EQEmu right now. Even though it requires that you have one of those, you can still set your server to use certain restrictions to give it a classic feel. By setting the Expansions value in your Variables table, you can pick exactly what expansion you want your clients to have access to including zones and playable races. Here is a list of the options you can set:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...les#Expansions

That is a bit based field, so to get the right setting for what you want, all you have to do is add up the numbers to the left of all expansions you want access to on your server and put that in the value of the Expansions field in your variables table. So, since you want up to Velious, you would set it to "3" (0+1+2 = 3).

I am not sure what fake EQEmu sites you are referring to, because we are the only real one out there. The only other related ones are for specific servers that are either related or were once related to this project.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Dr. Scal
Fire Beetle

"Are you a Terrorist?"

LOL Trev, classic ;p