Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
spiritling
Fire Beetle

Default Quest unresponsive (fyi)

Creating this thread in hopes that someone, who was uninformed as myself, is able to find this thread via the search feature and save them time...

If your character has GM status, your quests will be unresponsive (NPC's will not respond to hails or other "/say" commands).

#gm off will fix it for you.

I just spent 15 mins trying to figure out why my NPC's were not responding to the recent quests I came up with. Oye - silly.

Keywords:
hail does not work
quest text does not work
gm status and it's side effects

I imagine there are a number of small little things such as this... if there is already a list - woops, wasn't able to locate it.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I am not experiencing this problem.

You're saying that if you hail one of your quest NPC's with #gm on, nothing happens, but if you do nothing else but enter "#gm off" and then hail them again, it works? And if you do "#gm on" again, you get nothing again?

If this is the case, would you mind posting the Perl code for a quest that's doing this for you?
Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 PM
joligario
Developer

Shendare is correct. GM status does not affect quests.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
spiritling
Fire Beetle

Default interesting

It must have been an issue with my perl code.

As now, it's working - with gm status on/off.

I know this isn't really a support forum... but - the NPC now responds to everything correctly, except for one portion. When I trade him 1000 plat, he'll respond with the text, but quest::scribespells(); does not work...?

Code:
#An indocution character setup to greet new players And assist old.
sub EVENT_SAY
 {
if ($text =~/hail/i){   quest::say ("Greetings, $name! Welcome to Spiritling! If you would like to know more [about] the server let me know. Otherwise I have a number of other [services] I can help you with.");}
	if ($text =~/about/i){ quest::say ("What would you like to know more about? Server: [overview],[stats], [armor], [spells], [weapons], [quests], [contactinfo]");} 
		if ($text =~/overview/i){ quest::say ("The concept of the server is semi-legit with customizations. Development will start at low level zones and work up. The goal is to bring many of the 'improvements' seen in WOW to the EQ interface and engine (soloability etc with the EQ setting). Currently there are only two members of the development team. If you would like type [contactinfo]. Otherwise, enjoy!");  }
		if ($text =~/stats/i){ quest::say ("The server currently uses x3 exp mod and x4 AAexp mod.");  }
		if ($text =~/armor/i){ quest::say ("The defiant armor is intended to be the primary leveling armor set. The downfall is that it obsoletes many clasic items. To facilitate in the legacy of the clasic items, some balancing will be done.");  }
		if ($text =~/spells/i){ quest::say ("For now, you can scribe your spells through me, ask about [services]. This will be revisited in the future.");  }
		if ($text =~/weapons/i){ quest::say ("Weapons will be much like the armor. - more to come later.");  }
		if ($text =~/quests/i){ quest::say ("All quests will be revisited. Exp rewards will be SIGNIFICANTLY increased. Major quests will yield AA's inaddition to the standard rewards. It will become most efficent to level using a combination of questing and typical exp gain meathods.");  }
		if ($text =~/contactinfo/i){ quest::say ("Email: spiritling at gmail.com, website coming soon!");  }

if ($text =~/services/i){ quest::say ("I provide many services for the community. Currently I can help with the following: [scribe] spells, set [meditate] skill and provide you with [plat].");}
		if ($text =~/scribe/i){ quest::say("Please provide me with 1000 platnum and your spells will be scribed.");  }
		if ($text =~/meditate/i){ quest::setskill(31,200);  }
		if ($text =~/plat/i){ quest::say ("Come on now, don't be silly.");}

}	

sub EVENT_ITEM
  {

if($platinum == 1000)
{
 quest::say ("Good, stand where you are while I cast");
 quest::scribespells();
}
  }
Old 07-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

You have to put a level, or use $ulevel to let them scribe to their current level.

quest::scribespells(60);

or

quest::scribespells($ulevel);
Old 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
spiritling
Fire Beetle

Default thanks!

Thanks!

This guide failed to mention that...

http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu...estLexicon.pdf

(was linked off of http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html)
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Zeice
Sarnak

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...=QuestTutorial

Has a fairly complete list of the commands and variables.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 AM
AndMetal
Developer

This might actually be a good opportunity to add a default value if we don't put one in. I'll see if I can get to this at some point (unless someone beats me to it )

My Contributions to the Wiki