Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:49 AM
trevius
Developer

Default SoF Newegg Deal Gone

Shendare notified me that the sale at newegg.com for Secrets of Faydwer for $4.99 with free shipping is now over. It is now $19.99 with free shipping. I am sure there are cheap places to get it still now, but I don't think we will be seeing the deal that they had anytime soon.

Shendare linked a quick product search from google that might help to find some good deals:

http://www.google.com/products?q="secrets+of+faydwer"

Looks like there might be some decent deals on it there. The best one I see is:

http://www.itempond.com/cgi-bin/ccp/...f=SONY53475035

$5.49, and not sure what shipping costs are. Probably not a bad deal there, but again, I am sure these deals are subject to quantity that they have in stock.

I hope many people were able to take advantage of the great deal newegg had going while it lasted. It was running for months, so there was plenty of time to get it. I knew it was only a matter of time before they ran low/out of stock or before sales drove the price back up due to higher demand. IMO, even $20 with free shipping is worth it considering the amount of play time people get out of it, but the $4.99 deal should have been a no-brainer :P

Maybe we can find another steady source for SoF with a nice deal to replace the one from Newegg. It will be hard to top the deal they had and being from such a trusted and well-known site was a nice bonus. It definitely isn't as hard to get as Titanium is yet, but it will be eventually.

Thanks, Shendare, for the heads-up on this.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:12 AM
vales
Discordant

Is $2.65 too much for ya?
Old 07-11-2009, 03:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Did you actually try clicking the link for that lol? Goes to this page:

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4635195

Quote:
no such product
And if you search that site, you find SoF here:

http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?ke...aydwer&x=0&y=0

A whopping 59.00!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

newegg now sells Prophecy of Ro at 4.99, not that it any use to us, but I have a feeling they maybe shifting prices between products as some sort of promotion, so perhaps in a few month SoF will again return to its old price.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:01 PM
vales
Discordant

I knew it was too good to be true, lol

There's at least 4 other links that are sub 10 dollars there. Amazon has copies ranging from $4.95 to $9.99, which is still cheap as hell. You can even buy it off Steam for 20 bucks - no tax.

Personally, I'd still pay 50 bucks for it since it has sooo many expansions and stuff included.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:06 PM
trevius
Developer

I don't think the steam purchase would work, since I am pretty sure that is a digital download. All downloads of SoF including the one from SOE will NOT function with EQEmu as they patch to live to do the install.

But, yeah, there are still places to get a good deal on it for now I am sure. We just don't have a single reliable place to get large quantities of it and there is no telling how long those other deals will last.