Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Graham
Fire Beetle

Default DB Version 859 Inaccuracies

If this is not the right place to post this I greatly apologize. We just built a server and are going through Velious + Early Luclin raid/exp content and I thought I would share what changes we made (or are trying to figure out how to make) to get it to be more like "Classic" EQ.

1) Lcea Katta was casting Torrent of Veeshan, a spell from revamped VP. On live all she did was proc/cast charm. We are still figuring out how to fix this.
2) Derakor the Vindicator is either rampaging 3+ people or has an AE Rampage, on live he just rampaged a single target (first person to be on his agro list that's in melee range and not the agro target). Still working on how to fix this. Also Dozekar the Cursed is rampaging a single target, on Live he did not rampage. We are leaving him like this though as his AE dispell does not work on emulator so something needed to be tuned up.
3) Mobs that proc'ed an AE on the MT instead cast that spell as an AE. Examples - Rhag'Mozdezh (Breath of Rag'Mozdezh (emulator) / Breath of Rhag'Mozdezh (live), Servitor of Luclin (Caustic Mist). I am very sure on live these only hit the MT but they are using them as a regular AE on emulator. Still working on fixing this.
4) Sleeper's Tomb has a minimum status of 100 set. Took us a while to figure out why we couldn't zone in even with the key =P
5) Mark of Karn line is not dispelling DS'es, it is just suppressing Mage/Wizard DS'es and not affecting druid DS'es. On live it would dispell all DS'es.
6) For some reason LDONs have ZEMs all over the place, from 3.4 down to 0.1. Maybe there's logic behind this that I don't know.

Will post more as I find them. If anyone has similar experiences it would be nice to know about what you've found and how you fixed it. If there's a better place that discuss this please let me know. Quick thank you to all the devs - this has been a really fun project for me and my guild and much more interesting both playing and working on that anything else on the market. Kudos.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Graham
Fire Beetle

No edit?

I believe the problem with Lcea Katta is that npc_spells 581 tells her to proc Dictate, which is correct, however npc_spells_entries 3272 and 3273 are tied to npc_spells 581, and they say to cast Slime Shield and Torrent of Veeshan. Since no other mob uses any of these IDs, I believe that deleting 3272 and 3273 from npc_spells_entries resolves the issue. I am waiting on a reboot to see if that fixes it.

If that does fix it, we should be able to fix Rhag2/Servitor in a similar manner. To fix Rhag2 we would need to delete ID 1572 from npc_spells_entries and change ID 175 attack_proc to 2788 and proc_chance down to like 3 or 10 or something.

To fix Servitor of Luclin, we need to delete ID 1639 from npc_spells_entries and change ID 216 attack_proc to 2814 and proc_chance down to like 3 or 10 or something.

Different note, why is the default for Combat:MaxRampageTargets 3? Unless it changed after OoW, all mobs I encountered in Live either rampaged 1 target besides the MT, or AE rampaged.

Again, someone stop me if this is not the kind of information for this forum.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:52 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

4. Sleepers is currently under construction and is closed on TGC, that's why it's closed in the DB. Set the status to 0 and it is playable in some form atm.

6. LDoN is currently being worked on and each zone will be fixed as I get to them, one by one

Since you are making classic changes to the PEQ database, then this forum is best. (Since you are essentially customizing the database.) However, if you find bugs with the database that are still relevant with our goal of producing a Live Like database, then our forums are best: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2 I'll be honest most bugs that aren't reported there usually are ignored by me, unless something here catches my eye. I don't always have time to scour two forums :(
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Graham
Fire Beetle

Thanks. Are the Luclin mob changes + Rampage questions something I should post there? Or wait till I find something new since you saw them here?
Old 08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Graham
Fire Beetle

Quick update, my proposed changes above fixed Lcea, but did not fix Servitor (and presumably not Rhag2 but only tested Servitor).

Does anyone know how to make a mob proc an AE on a single targets? I am 100% sure Servitor did not AE Caustic Mist nor did Rhag'Mozdezh AE Breath of Rhag'Mozdezh, you can look at the Allakhazam comments for them to confirm this, yet both of those spells are AEs and if you make them proc it they still AE. So ... how to make an AE spell ... not AE? For Rhag2 we could just change the actual spell as no other mob uses it (not sure why it was set to AE in the DB for EQL in the first place), but for Servitor, Cursed actually does use that AE.

If it's not possible I'm sure we can just replace it with something single target or build a custom spell. Both of them are just dots, nothing too fancy.