Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Tharkun
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedz View Post
Such a good post to be ended with a +99999999 agro modifier :-P great points made tho.
it's the noobtard necro in me
Old 09-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

The first thing I thought when I saw +99999999999 aggro points was, "What if it's an int16?"

...I need to stop posting late at night.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM
mraiford07
Fire Beetle

as trev was saying it'd take about a year just to build on a server to have it fully functional and customized to where it would work for others so what i did is i ran citadel of the seeker's as the lead dev i tested some new theories and found out what works good in certain situations and what would kill a server but finally after a year and a half of writting in notebook's everything that ill need to do i have a stack of 20 and that's just the start for what i can do on my server CotS is now down and im sure the leader will be back in a week or two to reopen but im now working on rebuilding my comp this week so that i can start my basic foundation and it all starts with hmmm what should chars start with and tbh i have no clue it's something i just have to go with and see how it works later on i may need to change it but it's all just a learning experience one person's likes wont match up to everyone else who play's emu but instead the goal is to find a way inwhich i can meet in the middle with everyone in the community
Old 11-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraiford07 View Post
as trev was saying it'd take about a year just to build on a server to have it fully functional and customized to where it would work for others so what i did is i ran citadel of the seeker's as the lead dev i tested some new theories and found out what works good in certain situations and what would kill a server but finally after a year and a half of writting in notebook's everything that ill need to do i have a stack of 20 and that's just the start for what i can do on my server CotS is now down and im sure the leader will be back in a week or two to reopen but im now working on rebuilding my comp this week so that i can start my basic foundation and it all starts with hmmm what should chars start with and tbh i have no clue it's something i just have to go with and see how it works later on i may need to change it but it's all just a learning experience one person's likes wont match up to everyone else who play's emu but instead the goal is to find a way inwhich i can meet in the middle with everyone in the community
Holy necro post!

Locked.
Closed Thread