Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Arclightofemarr
Fire Beetle

Default Newcomer's Questions

Greetings everyone. Back in the day I ran a level 70 pally and I am feeling nostalgic. I bought SoF and got it running on my current PC (somewhat a few crashes here and there) and now I have a question. Since I did this just to see all the stuff I miss from when I was playing 10 years ago I have a question. How do I cheat. I mainly just want to see all the old stuff again. Anything that would allow me to do so would be great. A level cheat or instant kill cheat, I am really not looking to grind for hours on end just to get back to where I was just to visit a few old places. Do I have to run my own server to do this or is there one set up for this?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

make yourself GM, then you have access to Gm commands, like

#level
#kill
#summonitem

read the Wiki for details.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM
trevius
Developer

It sounds like you don't have your own server yet, so unless you make one, ChaosSlayer's suggestion won't help. You should just look for a server listed as "Non-Legit" and on those you should be able to #summonitem, #level, #zone, etc etc.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Arclightofemarr
Fire Beetle

Thank you both for the help I appreciate it. Ok when I find a non legit server how do I make myself a gm? I am assuming that option will not be in character creator screen hehe
Old 03-05-2010, 01:06 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well if there are any non legit servers in fact left, you will be a gm automatically upon logging. You probably will not have ability to insta kill mobs or rearrange zone content, but simple things like #summonitem usually allowed
Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Arclightofemarr
Fire Beetle

yep no non legit servers left, gonna have to make my own time to start reading the wiki again