Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:06 AM
kameko
Sarnak

Default Trouble starting server

Hey,

I am trying to get a server running in linux and am having a problem with the EQEmuLoginServer. I start it up and get the usual output... then I load the world binary. as soon as I do I get this in the EQEmuLoginServer output...

Code:
Mysql query failed: SELECT WSR.ServerID, WSR.ServerTagDescription, WSR.ServerTrusted, SLT.ServerListTypeID, SLT.ServerListTypeDescription, WSR.ServerAdminID FROM tblWorldServerRegistration AS WSR JOIN tblServerListType AS SLT ON WSR.ServerListTypeID = SLT.ServerListTypeID WHERE WSR.ServerLongName = 'Oceangreen Village [Full Custom Content]' AND WSR.ServerShortName = 'Oceangreen'
The problem seems to be the table names it is using, WSR. That is not the name of the table it should be going for. This is the actual table name "tblworldserverregistration" so, does anyone know why it is using WSR?

Thanks...

Kameko
Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 AM
pfyon
Discordant

Code:
FROM tblWorldServerRegistration AS WSR
means it's using the name WSR instead of the long one for the purpose of this query. I had the same issue with the loginserver and mysql queries failing, so I tried executing the query through a mysql command line to get the more descriptive error.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
kameko
Sarnak

hmm... well, that makes sense then. Can yuo tell me where in the source code you see that ? I have my own Windows server compiled from the same code, using the exact same db.... and I have no problems.

So somewhere it seems like a linux issue. Like I said, this is the exact same source code.

in my db tblWorldServerRegistration is all lower case., Maybe the difference in case is a problem...

I'll look into it more while I wait for a reply here

Thanks,

Kameko
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

I'm having this exact same issue on a Windows server.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:53 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Make sure the login server DB matches the version of the login server code you are using or that query will fail. There was a field added in the tblWorldServerRegistration table along the way. You can add that field by sourcing in utils/sql/svn/1379_loginserver_trusted_server.sql in the proper database.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:54 PM
pfyon
Discordant

I think the problem involves a changed table. I resourced the login server install sql and it fixed the problem (and the problematic query you posted here does not return an error). I believe it's an added column 'ServerTrusted' in tblWorldServerRegistration.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Shiny151
Hill Giant

This fixed my problem too with SoD. Only thing now is, I can only log in with the SoD client. Does anyone know if I should be able to use SoF and Titanium too? I can get to the server select screen and I see the server but once I try to login it errors out.