Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:00 AM
lanystvyl
Sarnak

Default pvp rules or tools

Are there any DB-rules or tools and or tutorials to configure a pvp server? The only thing I can find is the discord quest, which I turned on, but how do I manage top kills, alliances, pvp zones or not pvp zones. guild war, light vs. dark.....stuff like that would be a helpful start.

TYIA
Old 06-30-2010, 05:36 PM
lanystvyl
Sarnak

Default lets see what happens

I just downloaded the source and the edits for a faction based pvp server. I'm not a programmer so this should be interesting. thanks to TheLieka and Shin Noir, for posting them up!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanystvyl View Post
Are there any DB-rules or tools and or tutorials to configure a pvp server? The only thing I can find is the discord quest, which I turned on, but how do I manage top kills, alliances, pvp zones or not pvp zones. guild war, light vs. dark.....stuff like that would be a helpful start.

TYIA
There's no DB rules or tools or tutorials on this matter. It requires knowledge of C++ (and if you want things to be flexible, you may want to learn how C++ interfaces with MySQL in eqemu.) amongst other things.

You'll probably want to start in the IsAttackAllowed stuff in aggro.cpp I think it was. Then move on to IsBeneficialAllowed. Those two functions dictate the core PVP functions. You can do faction based, guild based, team based, etc, pvp all in those two functions. Of course, for things like item drops, EQEmu Guildwars, that is a little bit advanced (though most of those things can be done in perl scripting now, rather than the hardcoding devnoob/image did.) and after you learn a bit of C from those two functions, that would probably be the next step. Good luck.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:42 PM
lanystvyl
Sarnak

Thanks for the help, Ill check out those functions.